Cadillac Owners Forum banner

DTS navigation needed

1K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  CadillacSTS42005 
#1 ·
Hey guys. I recently got me a 2004 DTS. I used to have a 99 Deville and I had Nav in that one but my DTS has everything but night vision and nav. I don't wanna put a aftermarket Nav unit into my DTS because its too much work. I was wondering how hard it would be to put in a stock GM navigation unit. Is there a GPS antenna I gotta mess with and is it plug and play. I am assuming it is plug and play tho. Only real main concern is hooking up the GPS antenna. Does it hook to the onstar one or is it a seperate gps antenna? Also, I was wondering if anyone had a stock navigation unit for my year caddy. Not the small screen units, but the normal size screen king? I have a Pioneer AVIC D2 I am willing to trade for it. Thanks for any help guys.

#3 ·
Hey. Changed ur name huh? I just don't feel like makin another dash kit. I made one for the 99, remember? I want the stock stuff tho. I'm not even putting rims on this one. I gave the 20's I had for the 99 to my brother. I dunno, I just don't want a aftermarket Nav. I guess I'm gettin picky with this DTS.

#4 ·
you didnt know?!?!??!
my name changed A LONG time ago
my sister has my ETC now and i got an 03 STS
and i know very well you built the dash kit i walked you through it

i know how you feel btw
i put am putting a stock nav in my 03 STS

finding them is somewhat rare, i had people looking for me, but im currently helping a member install a D3 in his deville and i get 1st dibs on his nav

an SRX or XLR nav will work, however you will lose you disc changer, and it will be missing the trim ring around it which gives the unit its curve

a somewhat direct replacement is a 2002-2005 Deville, 2002-2004 Seville Denso DVD based nav, it does require some rewiring though, as well as a nav antenna and a 200 dollar nav dvd.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.