: SRX 6 Speed Transmission Reliability?

otis64
10-11-07, 04:48 AM
Has anyone else had significant issues with the 2007 SRX 6 speed transmission?

After 3 months of ownership, we are on our 3rd shop visit with total service time over 28 days. Now they tell us we need a new transmission and they are on back order. Curious if I just have a Lemon or this is a systemic problem with the new tranny.

73Thumper
10-11-07, 02:35 PM
my 07 "N*" with the 6 speed is good to date - 7500 miles. I have had it in the shop though for a total of 6 days (2 visits) - 5 days for cam actuator problems, and 1 day for rear axle pinion seal - major leak. Hope that is it as I love this thing....

garycolumbia
10-19-07, 06:07 PM
We have a 2007 SRX that when in congested traffic the tranmission slips on occasion. I have had it in the shop numerous times. They tell me that its not throwing any codes and that the problem has been documented. Last night it happened twice more. I contact the dealer and told them that I would be bringing it in and that I did not want them to contact me until they located the problem and that it was corrected. We have also had problems with the rear end leaking and the sun roof would not work. The car has been in the shop numerous times. Purchased it in Feb of this year and it has 8500 miles.

garycolumbia
11-20-07, 12:21 PM
Carr Cadillac of Vancouver, WA discovered a bulletin for the problem that we were having. So far it seems to be working fine. They had to reprogram the Torque Converter. I hope that it continues to work.

mjk
11-21-07, 03:08 PM
Has anyone else had significant issues with the 2007 SRX 6 speed transmission?

After 3 months of ownership, we are on our 3rd shop visit with total service time over 28 days. Now they tell us we need a new transmission and they are on back order. Curious if I just have a Lemon or this is a systemic problem with the new tranny.

A couple more days in the shop and you can ask them to buy the car back and give you a new one or your money back (under the lemon law).