: 05srxv8

05SRXV8
10-10-07, 11:10 PM
I just put on new tires about 100 miles ago. Total on the road was $745. I put on Goodyear Eagle Response Edge with Carbon Fiber Technology in the Staggered sizes. I can already tell they are much more responsive than the stock Michellins were and they don't seem to be any louder. I saved over $100 than getting them from the local dealer and a whole lot more than replacing them with new Michellins. I ordered them from the Tire Rack and had them installed by my local garage. I really think Goodyear has a very good product here. I anything develops as I run them, I'll post a new thread. I have a 05 SRX V8 AWD.
:)

john d
10-11-07, 01:10 AM
I just put on new tires about 100 miles ago. Total on the road was $745. I put on Goodyear Eagle Response Edge with Carbon Fiber Technology in the Staggered sizes. I can already tell they are much more responsive than the stock Michellins were and they don't seem to be any louder. I saved over $100 than getting them from the local dealer and a whole lot more than replacing them with new Michellins. I ordered them from the Tire Rack and had them installed by my local garage. I really think Goodyear has a very good product here. I anything develops as I run them, I'll post a new thread. I have a 05 SRX V8 AWD.
:)
How's the ride quality compared to the M's? How many miles from the M's did you get? Do you have MRC?

caddishaq
10-11-07, 01:22 AM
I bought the same tires about 300 miles ago. I took the car out of town for a 2 hour trip this last week end. The Good Years are great! I highly recommend them.

The ride is good, but I do think the tires need to be broken in. If you do not like it at first, give it 100 miles.

For the money, this is a great tire. However, you need to shop it around. The prices on the same tires range significantly.

05SRXV8
10-11-07, 11:37 PM
I think the ride quality is a good as the Michellins. I ran the Michellins 30,100 miles; they were pretty shot when I replaced them. I do NOT have MRC.