: Considering Mark 8

Jesda
04-26-04, 03:25 AM
I'm thinking about getting a 94 Lincoln Mark 8. What do you guys think?

Randy_W
04-26-04, 07:52 AM
Nice car, but it ain't no Caddy!!:lildevil:

brougham
04-26-04, 01:54 PM
Some people here might know something about them but you'd get more answers from a Lincoln forum.

Try doing a search here for them because people have talked about Continentals before.

BeelzeBob
04-26-04, 04:19 PM
They're nice cars but I hear a lot of owners complain about visibility at night.. The headlights are too small.. Otherwise - it's a good car.. What are you replacing? And why aren't you considering a Cadillac? Not that there's anything wrong with that - but I'm curious...

gothicaleigh
04-26-04, 05:47 PM
It's a step in the right direction from the Infiniti in my book.
The Mark is one of Lincoln's best designs too. Personally, I would choose an Eldorado if I wanted a car of that type(in fact I've made that choice twice now), but the Marks are fine vehicles too.

Jesda
04-26-04, 10:48 PM
FROM the Infiniti? Hell no!

The Mark is also significantly cheaper than Eldos.

Sandy
04-27-04, 12:22 AM
i OWNED A 1998 (Final Year) MK 8
The only years to buy are the 1997 or 1998. The interiors are great, they are fast, tight, comfortable. The headlights on the 1993-1996 are horrible. Like affixing a flashlight atop each front fender. REALLY! If you frequently drive over 80 MPH you'll need to change the drive shaft. It's a 2-piece unit and at 75 or so and above it shakes so bad you cannot use your rear view mirror!! A single piece alumunum unit is made (aftermarket) that will cure it. Like $700.00
The seats are some of the most comfortable that there are. The vinyl on the exterior rear window ripples if the car isl left out in the UC rays too much. It cannot be fixed. She corners great and has gobs of power (300 HP). That's about it. Look for a 97 would be my advice. Should cost you around $13.000 for a good one.
They came in tons & tons of paint colors, but everyone out there is either red, black, ivory or silver. Go figure.