: 05 SRX - Key and PKE FOB Question??

byte_me
10-10-07, 03:46 PM
Hello all-

I am new here, I just bought my wife a certified pre-owned 05 SRX and it only had 1 key, and only the #2 Key FOB.

Since owning a Corvette- I have an in with a GM parts guy so I was able to order a new key and #1 FOB (soon to be delivered).

So, now to my question- Since I only have 1 key and #2 FOB, do I have to go to the dealer to have them programmed? I read a thread on this forum (different vehicle) but they were able to program the key and FOB by the following:

You take the key that is programmed and working already and you start the vehicle. Shut it off and immediately put the new key in and start it. It will then be programmed.

and...As far as the FOB, the procedure should be in the owner’s manual.

Appreciate the help!:D

MortnCyn
10-11-07, 09:07 AM
We had an '05 missing a key and a fob. The key and fob matched and the new key furnished was activated doing what you have described. I had some notes re activating the new key but cannot locate them. The key fobs marked 1 and 2 had to be done by the dealer and programmed for fob #1 and fob#2.

We now have an '07 missing a fob. There are no numbers on the fobs. Both keys work but the Relearn Remote that is shown in the manual does not do the job. I have the seat set back and the fob I am using always returns the seat close to the steering wheel. I have tried programming the other fob and it simply mimics the same setting and then the other fob will not work. I have tried two different seat settings with different key and fob combinations and it does not work. Off to the dealer.