: new owner

domsofsts
10-09-07, 09:40 PM
just bought a sts4 2005what a car! EVERYTHING WAS OK TILL TODAY I WENT TO OPEN THE DOOR AND NOTHING TO IT. THE DRIVER DOOR ONLY THE REST I CAN OPEN BUT NOT THE DRIVER DOOR. ALSO WHEN GETTING OUT THE TWO TOP LIGHTS STAY OPEN AND THE STARTER STAYS GREEN FOR 10-15 SEC. AND IT WON'T LOCK AUTOMATIC EVEN AFTER 100 FEET AND 5 MINS LATER I LOCK IT WITH THE FOB AND ONLY THE FRONT DOORS LOCK THE BACK DOORS DON'T BUT IF YOU TRY TO OPEN THEM THE ALARM RINGS.HELP !! THANK YOU

z06bigbird
10-09-07, 10:30 PM
Check battery. Check battery cables for corrosion.

Should be good to go.

dkozloski
10-09-07, 10:33 PM
The first thing you need to do is fix the caps lock key on your keyboard and find some punctuation.

The first fix to try with flaky electronic problems is to disconnect the leads from the battery, touch them together for a few seconds, and put them back on. This reboots about everything.

Boombottz
10-09-07, 11:18 PM
After doing what Binky says, you will have some reprogramming to do, windows etc., but that should work. And you may want to check your transmitter batteries as well.

urbanski
10-10-07, 06:50 AM
http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/3138/yourcapslockwq4.gif

Skibanker
10-10-07, 12:26 PM
I would guess that our friend, Domsofsts, is using English as a second language. If that's true, maybe the group should back off a little. I doubt many of us could do as well in French or German or Italian.

z06bigbird
10-10-07, 03:19 PM
I could say something to him in algebra.

dkozloski
10-10-07, 03:48 PM
Igpay atinlay

Skibanker
10-11-07, 09:50 AM
You guys are so funny! Hilarious. I could have sworn this was the Cadillac forum, not the Abuse forum. If you want people to stop posting here because they're concerned about being ridiculed, keep it up.

Benjamin Simon
10-11-07, 12:37 PM
But that post was getting out of hand!

dkozloski
10-11-07, 03:13 PM
There's something wrong with somebody that would post something like the start of this thread unless they were typing into the blind with no monitor to see what it looked like. I don't think it's asking to much to make your post readable no matter what language you prefer. It's kind of like anouncing your presence in a group of strangers by noisily passing gas.

Skibanker
10-11-07, 03:56 PM
Ok, Koz, if you say so. Myself, I don't equate the guy from France failing to "find some punctuation" with noisily farting in a crowd. I also don't think that there is "something wrong with" him/her because of a few misspelled words or poorly chosen adjectives. My original comment still stands. A successful site such as this does not prosper by name calling those who post.
End of comment.

dkozloski
10-11-07, 05:19 PM
Ok, Koz, if you say so. Myself, I don't equate the guy from France failing to "find some punctuation" with noisily farting in a crowd. I also don't think that there is "something wrong with" him/her because of a few misspelled words or poorly chosen adjectives. My original comment still stands. A successful site such as this does not prosper by name calling those who post.
End of comment.
I'm missing something. How do we know this guy is from France or from Paris, Texas.

z06bigbird
10-11-07, 09:59 PM
Domsof,

If it helps, I apologize for all of us. It is just that we don't get much fun around here.

By the way, you can make fun of us too. We eat it up. None of us intend to offend anyone.

I promise, personally, to avoid making fun of you for the next 60, er 30 seconds, starting NOW.

dkozloski
10-12-07, 12:49 AM
I have a hard time taking seriously a post as badly constructed as the first in this thread. You'd think that somebody asking for help would proof read it for clarity. This one's so bad it looks like a gag. To me it's disrespectful to make a person have to work so hard to decipher what the heck the guy needs.

thefred
10-12-07, 08:43 AM
Well, with only one post, it looks like this could be a case of post and run. Either he/she may have posted and forgot where he/she posted or we have sufficiently run them off with our charm.....

Lifer
10-12-07, 08:59 AM
Good Job Blinkityn Bear. Another succesfull insult and loss of member. :helpless:

dkozloski
10-12-07, 10:32 AM
I'm sorry. I guess I'm expecting too much from the currect crop of supplicants.

TSS
10-12-07, 12:36 PM
I could say something to him in algebra.

Again Ed? I need to go get some pie....again.

z06bigbird
10-12-07, 11:57 PM
I'm missing something. How do we know this guy is from France or from Paris, Texas.

We need to find out if he eats french fries or freedom fries. We have a lot riding on the answer to that question.

z06bigbird
10-13-07, 12:02 AM
Here is an interesting thought:

We could have a contest to see which of us is the most effective in dealing with forum members.
We all have different strengths.
I could specialize in newbies.
Member B could specialize in old foggies.
Member C could specialize in females.
Member D could specialize in his/her area of expertise.

When we get through, we could do a head count to see who did the most damage.

Just kidding, moderators. It is late at night. Nothing to do.

Skibanker
10-13-07, 12:24 PM
I'll volunteer for "C". (Don't tell my wife. She'll beat me again.) (I also have a suggestion for "B".)