: Need opinons, Thinking of buying used CTS-V

BRYCE™
10-09-07, 12:57 PM
Hi all let me just start off by sayin there are some wicked cts-v's on this forum.

but furth more i have been thinkin of buying one for a long time now and recently came across a great deal, and just tryin to gather some supporting info and options to make it easier to commit haha.

anyways its a black 2004 Cts-V, it has 60,000 miles on it, the guy is asking $21,999. in his ad he says he has to make room for a new toy coming soon haha.

do you guys think it would be wise to buy it. i mean above average miles i see that but this price is amazing. there are regular cts's with like 50k miles going for around $20,000....

anyone on here have that many miles on a 04' or newer? any major issues with this much? i would imagen they are highway miles.

anyways any input will help alot thanks.

trukk
10-09-07, 01:06 PM
Bryce,

Become a supporting member here, then post the VIN, and get a full vehicle service report (not just a carfax, has it been wreched report). Then go from there in making an informed decision.

One thing I would want to know was the warranty situation. Inquire if it had a transferable 100k mile warranty or the basic 5/50, which would be up now.

If you are really scraping to make this purchase, and the car is out of warranty, I'd think long an hard about it, as the normal cost per mile to opperate this car is fairly high (gas/insurance/tires/etc.) Nothing sucks more than being so strapped that you can't afford to actually enjoy the car.

Upon your evaluation, if it makes sense, then enjoy the hell out of the car! I have 58k miles on my '05. I've had my fair share of issues, but I still love it.

Good luck,

Chris

BRYCE™
10-09-07, 01:15 PM
yea defintaly the warranty is weighting on my mind. i havent contacted the owner yet.

scraping is not my situation. but if i could save some money on a car that i really want i could throw the leftovers from the car fund back in the house fund :drool:

trukk
10-09-07, 01:25 PM
yea defintaly the warranty is weighting on my mind. i havent contacted the owner yet.

scraping is not my situation. but if i could save some money on a car that i really want i could throw the leftovers from the car fund back in the house fund :drool:

If it's cherry, then I'd consider it (as long as your driving style is condusive to it's continued 'cherryness'.) If not, then you might want to consider going through a certified dealer, and getting a 100k warranty. Parts and labor have a way of adding up quick.

Get the VIN and go from there. Untill you find out the true condition, this is all just speculation and idle chatter.

-Chris

WHYTRY
10-09-07, 05:53 PM
Why can't i sell my 05 with 36k on it for 30 if it is certified to 100k? Clean car with roof. I see people paying 22 for one with 60K. Would you pay 8,000 more for 25,000 less miles?

gs dave
10-10-07, 10:01 AM
Its a niche car, 30K for an 05 with the 100k warranty is a good deal.

As for the high mileage V, I would not consider it without a warranty. I bought mine certified with 23K miles...had blown motor mounts, blown diff, bad starter....I wouldn't have bought the car without the warranty with the known rear end issues.

SLPR 6.0L
10-10-07, 10:01 AM
the car is a blast. But in no way would I own one out of warranty.

BRYCE™
10-10-07, 10:31 AM
yea, warranty is going to be the main issue.

man sounds like people have alot of issue with these amazing cars.

thanks guys.

Twitch
10-10-07, 11:05 AM
yea, warranty is going to be the main issue.

man sounds like people have alot of issue with these amazing cars.

thanks guys.

The warranty should be the deal-breaker!
There are issues, but you have to remember, it's a fun car and guys LOVE to get on it. You have to love this car. That will make the "issues" easier to deal with.
Keep looking, you'll find a better on.

thebigjimsho
10-10-07, 11:49 AM
I hope your cookies don't expire...

z06bigbird
10-10-07, 12:47 PM
There are tons of Vs out there, still in warranty. Find one of those.

Keep in mind that clutches are not normally covered by warranty.

BRYCE™
10-10-07, 01:13 PM
I hope your cookies don't expire...

HUH?

and thanks guys

your maker
10-10-07, 01:26 PM
if you know anyone that does auctions you will find something you are looking for exactly