: Auto window up feature

Boombottz
10-08-07, 05:34 PM
The owners manual states that by holding the remote lock button for two seconds any open windows will close.

I can't get mine to work. Does anyone know if I have to program this feature? I couldn't find anything on the radio setup menu that would allow this programing change. Thanks in advance.

Cajonkev
10-08-07, 07:34 PM
What year is your car?

If it is a mid/late model 05 then it may not/does not have the feature. Otherwise it should.

Boombottz
10-08-07, 07:51 PM
You may be right (it's a 2005). I am the second owner and it was originally titled in 2004. However, the OM doesn't state "if vehicle is equipped"....
Thanks.

Caroutisine
10-08-07, 07:59 PM
I purchased mine in September 2005, and it does not work this way. Holding the button just locks the doors.

Boombottz
10-08-07, 08:05 PM
Likewise!

Lifer
10-08-07, 08:08 PM
The Lincoln LS will allow all windows and the sunroof to open by holding the unlock button. To close - insert the key in the door lock and turn to lock and hold. Or get inside and close them normally after the engine starts.

Onalaska
10-08-07, 10:00 PM
Mine is a 05 model, but I will check it tomorrow.

Does anyone's windows go down when using the "windows down" voice recognition command? "windows up" works, but no matter how hard I try it will not recognize windows down. It always says windows help.

Buzz48317
10-08-07, 10:07 PM
Feature works on my MY 2007 1SB car. I have the latest software updates for the VR system and the windows work about 85% of the time. It is mostly to show off the system as it is easier and faster to hit the buttons on the driver door to lower the windows. I really haven't had many of the VR problems that are discussed on this forum, only problem that I have is the BT phone dosen't mute all the time. I can live with that.

ELROY
10-09-07, 01:48 AM
Hi,
I have an 05 STS with the 1SG package. My VC windows down, and windows up work. I had to practice a bit when I first purchased the car new, but I finally got the hang of it. The only advice I can give you is to practice, and to try and give the command with your head pointed toward the drivers door. If this works, you may need to lower your voice when giving the command. I know this sounds crazy, but it worked for me, and I learned what tone of voice to use with the VC. Hope this works for you.

Elroy

c5 rv
10-09-07, 08:05 AM
I think my MKZ has this feature, but I haven't tried it out. Haven't seen much need with a garaged sedan.

I had an 02 vette with an aftermarket chip called the Window Valet that I plugged in the OBD-2 port. It had a number of cool features:

- Auto windows down with remote
- Auto windows up with remote
- Retained accessory power for x minutes after key removal, regardless of doors opening / closing
- Top speed logger
- A "novelty feature" that locked the tach at 0 RPM and speedo at 40 MPH.

The remote window down feature was handy when I wanted to remove the top when in the garage. Having the window down also made helping my wife transfer from / to her wheelchair a lot easier.

Cajonkev
10-09-07, 02:43 PM
You may be right (it's a 2005). I am the second owner and it was originally titled in 2004. However, the OM doesn't state "if vehicle is equipped"....
Thanks.

The original 05 manual listed the feature but it was not actually available as yet. For a time GM included an addendum sheet that stated it was not available. They then removed the feature with their next printing.

They had the feature active with late build 05's and then ongoing from there.

I had one of the 05's without before moving to my 06 with.

VR commanding in both my cars has been iffy at best and with the express feature on the window hard keys compared to hard key, command, respond seems rather silly...

Not that I don't occasionally try anyway...:ill:

Boombottz
10-09-07, 03:25 PM
That makes sense. Thanks.

Cajonkev
10-09-07, 05:42 PM
yvvw

rb92gt
10-09-07, 08:31 PM
I have this feature on my '06, only problem is it doesn't close the sunroof. If I have my windows open, usually have sunroof open too, therefore useless feature.

Boombottz
10-09-07, 09:33 PM
Agreed....This would be a nice feature during a rain storm if it worked.

z06bigbird
10-09-07, 10:32 PM
The Lincoln LS will allow all windows and the sunroof to open by holding the unlock button. To close - insert the key in the door lock and turn to lock and hold. Or get inside and close them normally after the engine starts.

Quick; buy a Lincoln.

z06bigbird
10-09-07, 10:35 PM
The original 05 manual listed the feature but it was not actually available as yet. For a time GM included an addendum sheet that stated it was not available. They then removed the feature with their next printing.

They had the feature active with late build 05's and then ongoing from there.

I had one of the 05's without before moving to my 06 with.

VR commanding in both my cars has been iffy at best and with the express feature on the window hard keys compared to hard key, command, respond seems rather silly...

Not that I don't occasionally try anyway...:ill:

Gov has been working on voice recognition for 50 years. It simply does not work well with English (or Chinese).

Too many idioms. That is why military trains thousands of US service men and women as linguists. Cost for 1 yr of language training in 1964 was $45,000. Today's cost is ???? At one point, Congress said: "Get rid of linguists and use voice recognition software." Too many variables.

Car v c system is like cell phone v c system--poor at its best.

Boombottz
10-09-07, 11:11 PM
I'd "suffer" with a Caddy before buying a Ford (just my personal preference), and the only reason I would like this feature, is as I stated above, to remotely close my windows from inside my home or office during a rain storm or night fall etc. While the Lincoln opens by remote you still need to insert the key to close? That wouldn't appeal to me, but to each his own.