: Anyone tried Royal Purple? You may want too I am next chance

PEETYZ
10-08-07, 04:19 PM
Heres some FAQ's from the site
Why is Royal Purple superior to other motor oils?
Royal Purple outperforms synthetic and conventional oils due primarily to its proprietary Synerlec® technology, and due to its superior synthetic base oils. Synerlec significantly increases oil film strength to dramatically reduce friction and improve combustion. This translates into more horsepower and torque, improved fuel economy, and reduced wear, heat and emissions.

What kind of performance gains can be expected?
Multiple independent university and automotive industry testing has documented these typical performance gains:
Horsepower and torque increases up to 3%.
Fuel economy improvement up to 5% or more.
Reductions in emissions of 20% or more.
Reductions in heat of up to 12%.
Reductions in wear of up to 80%.

And heres from a few users

“I tried Royal Purple Motor Oil 10W30 in my modified 1998 Mustang Cobra and Wow! I can feel a difference compared to the synthetic oil I was using before.”
“Definitely ran a lot smoother and it seemed more power was at my disposal.”
—Scott C., Kissimmee, FL
“I have never been one to give much credit to any magic fluid that I have put into my cars, but I believe Royal Purple Motor Oil is the first fluid I've ever used that has proven itself to be the real deal.”
“My 2003 Mustang GT (with a few basic bolt-ons and Royal Purple Motor Oil) dyno with 8-10 RWHP higher than other cars with the same mods.”
—Tommy R.

PEETYZ
10-08-07, 04:27 PM
Another FAQ
How often should I change Royal Purple in my passenger car?
Royal Purple recommends following the manufacturer’s maintenance intervals while the vehicle is under factory warranty. In clean engines that are no longer under warranty, oil change intervals may be extended up to every 12,000 miles or annually, wichever comes first. Oil filter changes should be done as recommended by the filter's manufacturer and oil should be topped-off as needed.

In dirty engines, Royal Purple recommends standard 3,000 to 5,000 mile oil and filter change intervals until the engine oiling system is clean and free of deposits left by lower quality oils and / or poor maintenance or mechanical problems. This will allow time to gradually remove existing deposits without overloading the oiling system. Mechanical problems such as fuel dilution, coolant leaks into the crankcase, poor air filtration and / or failure to maintain proper oil level are all detrimental factors to the service life of any engine oil. Any one of these factors can significantly shorten the useful service life of any oil.

R-Caddy
10-08-07, 06:03 PM
Yeah, I've tried it. Last couple years that's what I've putting in mine. Synthetic oil itswlf is smoother than regular. First I tried Mobil 1. Loved it. Then I heard about Royal Purple. I don't know if I can tell any difference between the two, but I haven't taken mine to the dyno. It is much cheaper if you're changing the oil yourself, because the prices I've seen for synthetic oil change vary from $50 to almost $90. 6 qts of Royal Pyrple and a Fram filter run a little over $40 for me. Plus about an hour with getting all the tools, jacking up the car etc.
As for Royal Purple: it's synthetic oil; it's smooth and it's actually purple! :)) It even smells purple lol...