: Video devices

BooYaKa
10-08-07, 10:28 AM
Just wondering if anyone here uses an ipod or anything through the aux. Inputs. I kinda want to know what works for displaying videos on the nav screen. Thanks

Buzz48317
10-08-07, 11:11 AM
Just wondering if anyone here uses an ipod or anything through the aux. Inputs. I kinda want to know what works for displaying videos on the nav screen. Thanks
Anything that has an RCA video out will work for displaying video on the nav screen. Car has to be in park then plug in the device, then hit the hard AUX button then hit the video button on the screen. This will bring up the video. I use my I-pod this way, but for audio only. The audio portion will play while the car is in drive, but it cuts off the video aspect.

I did notice that Cadillac now has headset screens for rear seat passengers as available aftermarket acessories http://www.cadillac.com/cadillacjsp/model/accessory.jsp?model=sts&year=2008 , not sure how these work or what they work in conjunction with....ie does it work through the factory DVD unit or is there an additional DVD player that you'd have to mount somewhere. Interesting none the less.