: You don't deserve a BMW

Seattle CTS-V
10-08-07, 11:15 AM
http://consumerist.com/consumer/dealerships/brecht-bmw-tells-customer-go-back-to-Volkswagen-you-dont-deserve-to-own-a-bmw-307874.php

nikon
10-08-07, 11:26 AM
eh figures, my dad brought his X5 in for service, and since he didn't buy it from them they treated him like crap......I say fck em....I get treated right where ever I bring my car.

Mystical_Ice
10-08-07, 11:27 AM
that's a terrible story... i expect service like that from a Cadillac dealership, not BMW
;)

Flyboy
10-08-07, 11:48 AM
I just read that story she wrote. One Word.

WOW ! ! ! !

odla
10-08-07, 11:50 AM
i got service like that from a cadi dealer that also had a bmw dealer on the same lot.

Silver Dollar
10-08-07, 11:57 AM
I get great service from my local caddy dealership and I did not buy my car from them.

RE: The story.

Why did she wait till the last minute to turn in her lease? Why didn't she call the dealership to confirm that they would except the vehicle before leaving the house?

She seems like your typical helpless (worthless) housefrau who can't fend for herself.

I have no sympathy.

JimmyH
10-08-07, 12:09 PM
leasing makes no sense to me

WheelHop
10-08-07, 12:13 PM
Ask to see if you could borrow a computer and visit their website..! That simple.

I know cust. service can be crappy, but there is always two sides of the story. Of course, the woman's story is going to show her being the victim, but she didn't say how the reacted in return. I don't see someone being threaten of calling the police on them if they were acting as they should...

But anyway, the BMW dealer around here is awesome!! I wouldn't 2nd guess buying a car from them.

onebadcad
10-08-07, 12:14 PM
Most dealerships blow.
I owned a Ford Expedition (close to $35K purchase price) a few years back (fourth in a string of five Ford SUVs that I have owned). It had an electronic issue and was still under warranty. I called a dealer near my office (not the one I purchased from), and they explained their policy regarding immediate scheduling for vehicles purchased from them, and then explained the other policy, which had a two-week waiting list for cars not purchased from them.
Another great excuse to go to Mod Hell... you no longer have to fight with the dealership.

WheelHop
10-08-07, 12:19 PM
Most dealerships blow.
It had an electronic issue and was still under warranty.
Another great excuse to go to Mod Hell... you no longer have to fight with the dealership.

But then you'd have to fight with that little electronic problem yourself..

No win/win situation in my book for modding! :D

Silver Dollar
10-08-07, 12:29 PM
leasing makes no sense to me

It doesn't make sense.

WheelHop
10-08-07, 12:45 PM
If you don't mod and change cars every 2-4 years, it kinda makes sense..

rand49er
10-08-07, 12:53 PM
I would be willing to bet that more BMW dealerships treat "their" customers like that than most others ... maybe with the exception of Maserati (don't ask me how I know :rant2:).

JimmyH
10-08-07, 12:57 PM
if I were to lease, it would have to be a high mileage lease >20k miles, those are $$$$$$$$$$$$

Cadillac Tony
10-08-07, 01:02 PM
Leasing is good for people who don't put a large amount down at signing and don't want to be upside down in a loan.

As far as mileage, you're paying for it one way or another (higher payment on a lease, or reduced resale if you purchased). I have a few customers who put a ton of miles on their lease cars (25k + per year), but when they dump it in 3 years they're even. If they still had 2 years of payments left, they'd have a lot of negative equity to roll into the new loan.

Cadillac Tony
10-08-07, 01:05 PM
Oh yeah, I almost forgot about the BMW Dealer: Wow.

Nobody likes doing paperwork when you're not making any money, but to flat refuse a lease turn in is ludicrous. GM would spank our asses BIG TIME if someone called them with a tale like this one about one of our Dealers- it's too bad BMW doesn't do the same.

(Actually, I love stories like these because help dispel the myth about the "wonderful" service import brands give, but that would be mean to say, now wouldn't it?:D)

JimmyH
10-08-07, 01:13 PM
I think the only "wonderful import" that gives you excellent service is Lexus. Which is great if you are willing to ride in the nicest, most boring cars on the planet.
I can tell you first hand that Nissan, Toyota and Honda are far from excellent.

Koooop
10-08-07, 01:41 PM
I did a turn in for a sick friend on a Mini last week, the dealer wouldn't take the car, hehe...

I went to the point of purchase dealer (that didn't want it), handed the guy the keys, pointed at the J. Cooper Works Convertible S Mini and then did an "OJ dash" out of the dealer to my wife who was waiting with the car running.

After having a Mini at my disposal for a month, my opinion is "these are the GAYEST cars on the planet" (I have yet to drive a Prius). What a completely lame car.

Koooop
10-08-07, 01:42 PM
I think the only "wonderful import" that gives you excellent service is Lexus. Which is great if you are willing to ride in the nicest, most boring cars on the planet.
I can tell you first hand that Nissan, Toyota and Honda are far from excellent.

Have you enjoyed the incredible service Infiniti offers? Very satisfying.

JimmyH
10-08-07, 01:51 PM
Have you enjoyed the incredible service Infiniti offers? Very satisfying.

I have yet to find an Infiniti I could see myself buying. The M45 was closest, but alas, no standard trans.

The G35 is simply a 330i in Lexus clothing. :yawn:

onebadcad
10-08-07, 01:55 PM

What do you call a 2-year old Lexus................a Toyota:D.

Koooop
10-08-07, 01:56 PM
I had an Ivory Pearl 95 Q45t that had a moment with Steve Millen. Best dealer service I have ever known.

Memories.

JimmyH
10-08-07, 02:03 PM
I will never own anything that says BMW on it, out of principal only. Which sucks, because I really like the K1200S sportbike. I just cant do BMW though.

WheelHop
10-08-07, 05:57 PM
BMW with an M5 or M6 on it, I would gladly take. No questions. :D

JimmyH
10-08-07, 06:06 PM
And they will gladly take your $93000.

Civardi
10-08-07, 06:19 PM
For 93K you could duplicate Chefs car.

Jesda
10-08-07, 06:47 PM
Lexus and Infiniti service are top notch, but Infiniti is getting very tight on warranty claims. Claims are also increasing due to poor quality control.

WheelHop
10-09-07, 12:56 AM
And they will gladly take your $93000.

I said take, not pay :yup:

Chef
10-09-07, 01:21 AM
For 93K you could duplicate Chefs car (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/#).

Sweet fancy moses:crying: .. You mean I could have bought an M5? Not sure what they look like from the front grill back because that's all I see in the rear view mirror:sneaky::lildevil:

05cts-v
10-09-07, 02:36 AM
If you don't mod and change cars every 2-4 years, it kinda makes sense..

We change cars every 3-6 months and lease an 07 Yukon Denali( to try and keep it longer ) and it doesn't make sense unless you watch the miles as carefully as Jenny Craig does the calories. I'll never lease again and I'll never step foot on another BMW lot. The one closest to me will treat you like dirt if you're not dressed in shirt and tie. We were going to pay cash earlier in the year for an 06 M3 but because I was dressed comfortably( t shirt and jeans ) we couldn't get anyone who seemed to want to help us.

Kadonny
10-09-07, 08:57 AM
Boy, something about that article/blog does not add up to me. When you turn in a lease, there are set proceedures, those proceedures are not "take a picture of it outside the dealership".

Something smells funny to me, but hey I'm a pessimist.

Seattle CTS-V
10-09-07, 01:42 PM
Something smells funny to me

He who smelt it, dealt it...

Seattle CTS-V
10-09-07, 01:44 PM
Sweet fancy moses:crying: .. You mean I could have bought an M5? Not sure what they look like from the front grill back because that's all I see in the rear view mirror:sneaky::lildevil:

Here's the back of an M5...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8aLmCnFsJ8

onebadcad
10-09-07, 02:09 PM
He who smelt it, dealt it...

... or blame the dog, that's what I do...

Albertan
10-09-07, 02:12 PM
I went on a tour of the BMW factory in Munich last June. Tour was in English. The tour guide was very nice. We couldn't take pictures and when we spotted an Audi on the lot the guide said "see, that's why we don't allow cameras".
They answered any questions ie they fire up M series engines and run them to 8,000 to make sure they were assembled correctly! I guess if it doesn't explode it is good to go! Other engines just get spun with electric motor.

rand49er
10-09-07, 03:01 PM
Just checked my email before logging onto the forum here. One of my buddies sent a bunch of jokes, some old, but here's (an old) one:

Q: What's the difference between a porcupine and a BMW?

A: A porcupine has pr1cks on the outside.

In that vein, there's a guy around here with an M3 who has followed me occasionally (and much too closely at that), then has turned off abruptly into his neighborhood all irked or something ... it's as if how dare I have the gall to use his road in a lowly domestic car and to be in front of him for even a moment. Would love to catch him at a light or on some twisties some time. :thepan:

I'll see him again ... :D.

heavymetals
10-09-07, 03:49 PM
Here is my BMW story.

I owned a BMW K100RS.

FYI a four cylinder horizontal inline (cylinders on the left) with a spindle for a rear axle (a system that most everyone uses now), BOSCH fuel injection, water cooled very fast UNCOMFORTABLE AS HELL rocket.

If you used the side stand (leaning the bike left), all the cylinders would face downward and oil would leak past the rings and the bike would BELCH SMOKE FOR MILES after you started it.

The "cure" for this, straight from the owners manual, was DON"T USE THE SIDESTAND. :banghead:

GREAT 'FIX" HUH?

Accident avoidence system?
Don't drive!

JimmyH
10-09-07, 05:04 PM
Q: What's the difference between a porcupine and a BMW?

A: A porcupine has pr1cks on the outside.

good one, points

V-Love
10-10-07, 06:37 AM
Here's the back of an M5...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8aLmCnFsJ8

Nice vid. Nice lines too.