: 07 Paint and headlamp issues

Izzmeister
10-08-07, 01:29 AM
What's up guys, I am not new to the forum but rarely post. I have a question.......I have a black 07 leased v with 14k on it. I have only installed a k & n drop in filter so far and know all about these cars. My issue is with the paint. The pant my car is horrible. It has swirl marks all over the place, it really piss me off. It gets better when i wax the car but then it goes back to swirl marks all over the place. after about a week. Do u guys have these? What can I do to remove them? The front mask looks like it was sprayed in a contaminated paint booth. If u look closely u will see spots and sparkles in the paint under the fogs.......irritating on a 53k dollar car. My headlamps have dust inside, visible when u look at the lights at night up close, is this normal? It's enough dust that u can tell from about 3-4 feet away. I know the lights are vented but should I see dust in the headlamp? When I first got the car it would get real bad condensation inside the headlamps. Finally, the leather sucks. It is already starting to crease deeply, drying out a little in certain wear areas and looks like may crack soon. what do u guys use on ur leather. I have used mcguires leather tratment on this car twice. Once at 8k and once at 11k. Helped but still looks a bit more used than it should. What do u guys do for this kinda stuff. My rear makes no noise and the car is awesome otherwise. I will be getting magnaflow exhaust and a shifter early next year. Thanks for your help and for listening to my v b1+ch session. This forum and the faq rock. pix coming soon of what i described with the paint and leather.

Mystical_Ice
10-08-07, 11:35 AM
my lights look like they have dust on the inside too. i was told that it's normal by the dealer.

swirl marks... now that's my department ;) haha. you need to try to buff them out. get it done professionally though

Silver Dollar
10-08-07, 11:54 AM
1. Swirl Marks

All cars get them. Black shows the worst. Do a search for "swirl marks". Many threads on the subject.

2. Dust in the head lamps

If it really bothers you, take them apart and clean them.

3. Creases in the leather.

I have 28k miles on my car and my seats look brand new. Do you have an exceptionally large a$$?

4. Magnaflow and shifter.

Do you really want to start modifying a leased car?

Izzmeister
10-08-07, 12:13 PM
The creased leather, no big @$$. What do u use on ur leather? Modifying a leased car, hell yeah. The exhaust is bolt-on and the shifter will be sold here on this forum or e-bay when the time is right.

lunarx
10-08-07, 07:25 PM
When it comes to the leather (because it does suck) you just have to be carefull not to wrinkle the side bolsters getting in and out of the car.
How you adjust your seat could have a lot to do with it.

It's not worth changing your habbits though.
New seat skins (from Lindsay) are real cheap, so you may just consider replacing yours.

As for the swirls, you will need to have an experienced detailer polish them out.
After that, you must be very-very carefull washing/drying your car, so as not to have the swirls return so quickly.

The Tony Show
10-08-07, 07:31 PM
I'm about ready for new seat covers at 37k miles. I'm always bunching up the side bolsters when I get in, so my outboard lower bolsters have big ole' wrinkles in them.

vettethret
10-09-07, 02:51 PM
What's up guys, I am not new to the forum but rarely post. I have a question.......I have a black 07 leased v with 14k on it. I have only installed a k & n drop in filter so far and know all about these cars. My issue is with the paint. The pant my car is horrible. It has swirl marks all over the place, it really piss me off. It gets better when i wax the car but then it goes back to swirl marks all over the place. after about a week. Do u guys have these? What can I do to remove them? The front mask looks like it was sprayed in a contaminated paint booth. If u look closely u will see spots and sparkles in the paint under the fogs.......irritating on a 53k dollar car. My headlamps have dust inside, visible when u look at the lights at night up close, is this normal? It's enough dust that u can tell from about 3-4 feet away. I know the lights are vented but should I see dust in the headlamp? When I first got the car it would get real bad condensation inside the headlamps. Finally, the leather sucks. It is already starting to crease deeply, drying out a little in certain wear areas and looks like may crack soon. what do u guys use on ur leather. I have used mcguires leather tratment on this car twice. Once at 8k and once at 11k. Helped but still looks a bit more used than it should. What do u guys do for this kinda stuff. My rear makes no noise and the car is awesome otherwise. I will be getting magnaflow exhaust and a shifter early next year. Thanks for your help and for listening to my v b1+ch session. This forum and the faq rock. pix coming soon of what i described with the paint and leather.

Your not alone. The paint quality on my black 07 is the worst I've ever had on any of my cars EVER. Thats out of 18 new cars! I took it to a body shop I've been using for the last 12 years and he says its because GM is now using water based paint. I have 5 coats of zaino on this car and it looks like shi! He says it looks like they got something under the paint out of the factory. I've cclayed it, and used z3,z5 and the swirl remover. I havent had a chance to take it to the dealer, probably wouldnt get anyhwere anyway. This paint is paper thin too. Pretty pathetic for a 53k car!!!!! Hopefully the new one has much better quality!