: "new" 2005

Boombottz
10-07-07, 01:43 AM
Long time no post......

This forum has proven to be a great wealth of info for diagnostic help and in maintaining my Cadillac.

I just traded my 2002 STS for a "New" 2005 STS. Not only is this STS new to me, but I was fortunate enough to find it with only 3445 miles on the clock. Loved the '02 but couldn't pass this one up for the price and mileage.

What a vast difference. I do miss some of the '02 features however.......
auto PB release, cruise on steering wheel, to name a couple, and did my old love have an illuminated wiper stalk? Gee how soon we forget former flames.

Any who... if any one can pass on some things I should be on the look-out for, in the way of problems, recalls, TSB's etc. please let me know.

Thanx,
Vinny

c5 rv
10-07-07, 09:29 AM
Congrats on your new ride. Did you get any story of why the mileage is so low?

Boombottz
10-07-07, 10:41 AM
Only that it was a one owner lease.

I ran a car check from CarMax and it showed registration and renewals in Michigan from 2004 through 2007. It went to auction and showed up at CarMax in SC in September with 3,445 miles. I called my local Cad. service guy and he looked it up, he told me it had a battery installed in Feb. of 2007.

I still can't figure the low miles, but the STS insignia on the passenger dash still had a plastic film on it. It was def worth the $249 transfer fee to bring it up to MD. So far I am VERY pleased.

Number 3
10-08-07, 05:52 PM
Nice catch....good luck with the hot ride!

RunningOnEMT
10-08-07, 06:00 PM
FAKE MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!

jk

Boombottz
10-08-07, 06:06 PM
????

RunningOnEMT
10-08-07, 06:10 PM
there is a mod who's username is Boombotz

Boombottz
10-08-07, 06:20 PM
Aso! I got stuck with the tag 34 years ago. Hey, if anyone checked out my thread on the remote window up feature....I sure would appreciate any help.

BirdJC
10-09-07, 08:41 AM
VR issues that many complain about , me personally, I don't really use it much so it never bothered me. Rear Diff leak, dealer replaces the seal under warrenty. My trunk hinge groaned terribly and was replaced under warrenty as well. These are the only issues I've had with my 05's after 14k. I think theres a sticky at the top of the forum that lists out various TB's associated with these cars. Me, I love it even with some minor deffects, I would change a thing...Congrats..