: Help from any 06 or 07 V near Lindsay Cadillac

CTSV_Rob
10-06-07, 02:49 PM
I have bought a computer and I need a stock tune on it before I can get Rick (StealthV) to work his Magic.

I was hoping if there was a 06 or 07 (LS2) V in the area would be willing to run down to Lindsay Cadillac and let the Tech's throw in the computer to flash a stock tune onto it.

Thanks in advance.

CTSV_Rob
10-06-07, 07:29 PM
What would it take to Entice a fellow V owner to help?

CTSV_Rob
10-06-07, 09:35 PM
How about if I throw in a V mug :D

GMBOUND
10-06-07, 09:46 PM
Why do you need a stock tune 1st

CTSV_Rob
10-06-07, 10:04 PM
I was wondering when someone would ask.

It turns out the PCM from the factory is blank. Rick had to do a ground up flash and the software does not do this yet, he needs to have a stock tune on the PCM before it can be tuned (I forget the details).

Kind of a funny story,
I got the PCM from Rick and put it in the car. I took it around the block a couple of times to just check it to make sure everything was OK and the tune in the lower RPM's Alone made it worth getting the tune from Rick. Well I then decided to take it down this backroad which was straight enough and smooth enough to open her up to see what she could do.

Well as soon as I nailed it she launched like a dream then the nightmare began. The Screen had this huge text that basically said "your f%$ked, I'm shutting down" and that was it the engine just quit. I pulled to the side of the road and tried to turn it over and nothing. I was in a BUS stop and had to push the car but the only place was across the street into a side street and I learned how heavy this car was when I tried to push her over the crown on the road. Took everything I had then when I was just about ready to close the door and lock it I decided to try one more time and she started (whew!). Babied her home and pulled the computer.

Here I am now making a desprate plea to get someone to help me.

I thought about taking it to a local dealer but I figured they would have put a Cadillac DTS flash on it! I realize it's a Northstar but given the chance I think my dealership could figure it out...

CTSV_Rob
10-07-07, 01:41 PM
Anyone?

RunningOnEMT
10-07-07, 01:43 PM
i work right down the street from lindsay ... i can take the actual computer to them... but i don't know if they can put it in my car and flash it without messing up my car....

cal james and ask

CTSV_Rob
10-07-07, 01:46 PM
They have the computer already but the car needs to be a 06 or 07.

I do appreciate the offer though.

CTSV_Rob
10-10-07, 08:43 PM
:bump:

NormV
10-10-07, 10:56 PM
Well Rob, if you had HPTuners or the like we could send our bin to load up. Check with Shawn at SMC Performance in Michigan. That is where I got my 05 stock computer for under $200 all loaded and ready to go.

Norm

CTSV_Rob
10-12-07, 10:27 PM
Well Rob, if you had HPTuners or the like we could send our bin to load up. Check with Shawn at SMC Performance in Michigan. That is where I got my 05 stock computer for under $200 all loaded and ready to go.

Norm
unless you have a LS2 bin it will not help me. For some unknown reason GM decided it would be a good idea to change the computer design. :cookoo:

NormV
10-12-07, 11:19 PM
Ooops! That is right. There stock bins for almost any model and and year available if you have the software.

Norm

StealthV
10-13-07, 12:16 AM
The copy-cat brand of software is not going to resolve the issue. This issue is much more technical than Rob described. We have the flash file, new ECM, etc. We need a real live V as requested.

Rob - Agree with Plan B, time to execute plan 66.

NormV
10-13-07, 10:42 AM
If all else fails give Shaun a try:

Shaun Carter SMC Performance valvegod@aol.com Fax: (248) 276-0535

Norm

Cadillac Tony
10-13-07, 10:55 AM
Too bad it's an LS2- I've got an LS6 V and I'd be happy to flash it for you at work. I don't have any LS2s left on the lot either, so that's out too.

It sounds like there isn't, but let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

StealthV
10-13-07, 11:34 AM
If all else fails give Shaun a try:

Norm

Shaun has a LS2 Powered V?

Doubt it.

AND THAT IS WHAT WE NEED.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

StealthV
10-13-07, 11:42 AM
And BTW, lock this thread. We're done and don't need everyone's "help" anymore.

Plan 66 has been executed.