10-06-07, 12:27 PM
Hi, I'm a newbie here. I was wondering if anyone out there can tell me the best way to go about changing a water control valve on my 97 catera. I have had it in the shop and was given a quote, which was way too expensive. It is leaking water big time and I just can't afford the shop repairs anymore.
10-06-07, 01:33 PM
Welcome. There are a couple other posts about the heater valve. But here it goes:
1. Remove the wiper arms.
2. Remove the weatherstripping that covers the air cabin filter panel and goes across parallel with the windshield trim.
3. Behind the windshield trim rubber you will probably find some retainers that hold the plastic panel. 1/4 turn will get them out. There is one screw on the driver's side under the hood also holding the panel. You will need a #20 Torx bit for that one, I believe.
4. Remove the plastic panel.
5. Remove the clamps from the Heater Control Valve.
6. Remove the vaccuum line and the hoses from the valve and take that sucker out!
I did one of my Cateras last week and ir took maybe 20 minutes with installation. Now I need to do the same on my other one.
Good Luck! ;)