: Nitto Invo's and Hawk Brake Pads

Flyboy
10-05-07, 10:18 PM
I have a total of 25 miles on new Invo Tires. No real Opinion yet, good ride, quiet tires and I did do one WOT while rolling a 5 MPH in 1st gear and they didn't break loose. I'll post again after a couple hundred miles.

I purchased a complete set of Hawk Brake pads from James at Lindsay a year ago and installed them about a month ago, along with a complete change of brake fluid. WOW ! ! ! Dust is practically gone.....day and night over the stock pads. They feel as good as the originals. I have 20000 miles on the car and the rotors are perfect.

GMBOUND
10-06-07, 10:30 PM
How much did the rubber run you?
I may have to look into a set of the pads too.

Keys8541
10-07-07, 01:28 AM
ugh, that damn brake dust! im gonna look into those too.

WheelHop
10-07-07, 02:18 AM
Hawk pads are the best thing I've done so far! Practically NO dust at all!

Those tires look crazy! Hope they're worth the extra cash!

Twitch
10-07-07, 09:28 AM
Hawk pads are the best thing I've done so far! Practically NO dust at all!

Those tires look crazy! Hope they're worth the extra cash!

Which Hawk pads are you running? I know some of the guys who track their cars recomend HP+, but I'm not tracking my car anytime soon.

Flyboy
10-07-07, 11:29 AM
I went to Discount Tire here in Scottsdale. I didn't try to get them to "price match".....I was fairly comfortable with their pricing. I paid $29.00 extra per tire for the "road hazard" replacement. So having said all that it was $991.55 for all four, including taxes. I went to the drag strip yesterday, strictly for "fun" and didn't do burnouts or anything like that and they "hooked up" very well. So far I like them.

I don't have the part numbers for the Hawk Pads. Contact Lindsay Cadillac and buy from them. They know what we use and you won't beat his prices anywhere....IMHO.

CTSV_Rob
10-07-07, 01:48 PM
Especially if you would have bought the brake pads yesterday. Luke was running one of his Saturday specials.

STAGEUP
10-07-07, 08:58 PM
Flyboy, Im from Mesa. I was at the drag strip on Friday! I race at Firebird. I run the Nitto NT555s. I think I may look at these for my next set! I ran a 13.1@110mph. What did you run?

Flyboy
10-07-07, 09:29 PM
Here's my email address: piaggiopilot@gmail.com Let's try to get together soon. I didn't set any personal records yesterday. I drove like "a little old lady".....kinda' paranoid about my diff/axles. I only ran the RPM's up to 1500 and "eased" the clutch out. Anyway it was 82 degrees and ran a 13.6 @ 106. Not as good as my Milan Run two years ago. 13.1/110 is GOOD. Your car is not stock. I'm gonna' try it early next Saturday Morn when they first open and it's still cool. The LS6 is VERY sensitive to temps changes.

rand49er
10-07-07, 10:16 PM
Jimmy, I don't know much about tires, but those have a real interesting tread pattern, to say the least!

Yeah, and aren't the Hawk pads the berries?!! I just have fronts done and everytime I clean the car, the rears are where I spend all my time cleaning wheels. :yup:

Chef
10-07-07, 10:26 PM
I call and raise you Toyo R888's and Hawk HP Plus pads...:bouncy: Like glue today...

WheelHop
10-08-07, 12:38 PM
Which Hawk pads are you running? I know some of the guys who track their cars recomend HP+, but I'm not tracking my car anytime soon.

I went w/ the HPS pads.

Performancepeddler.com for the cheapest price...

trukk
10-08-07, 05:14 PM
I call and raise you Toyo R888's and Hawk HP Plus pads...:bouncy: Like glue today...

HP+'s are awesome. Need the SLOW to go with all that GO.

HPS's are great for the rear, but not as good as stockers for the front (IMHO). Low dusting levels are great on the HPS's though. Stopping power of the HP+'s though are just amazing. You'l loosen your teeth when you stomp on the HP+'s.

I can't really imagine what the Blue's are like on the track. You'd ned some serious tires to keep up with them. Your R888's should be up to the task though.

-Chris

Chef
10-08-07, 07:41 PM
I wish my video was handy when that Porsche came into the pit (picture from my previous post on MOD HELL Sensor City post) - front brakes were so hot that it looked like his engine was on fire while he's standing calmly talking about turn-ins - Beautiful sight - he pulled consistant 1.05's to 1.07's track times.

Blues are next -

Pics soon when some of these photo guys get them cleaned up...

trukk
10-09-07, 12:31 PM
I wish my video was handy when that Porsche came into the pit (picture from my previous post on MOD HELL Sensor City post) - front brakes were so hot that it looked like his engine was on fire while he's standing calmly talking about turn-ins - Beautiful sight - he pulled consistant 1.05's to 1.07's track times.

Blues are next -

Pics soon when some of these photo guys get them cleaned up...

Crispy told BigJim, to make sure that you imediately wash your rims after using the Blue's because the dust will eat the paint off your rims, plus I'm sure it's not so good for the metal either. Just passing the nugget along in case you wern't aware.

-Chris

GMBOUND
10-09-07, 01:06 PM
HP+'s are awesome. Need the SLOW to go with all that GO.

HPS's are great for the rear, but not as good as stockers for the front (IMHO). Low dusting levels are great on the HPS's though. Stopping power of the HP+'s though are just amazing. You'l loosen your teeth when you stomp on the HP+'s.

I can't really imagine what the Blue's are like on the track. You'd ned some serious tires to keep up with them. Your R888's should be up to the task though.

-Chris

How are the HP+ on brake dust?

trukk
10-09-07, 01:15 PM
How are the HP+ on brake dust?

More than HPS's, less than stock (but not by too much).

IMHO, the HPS's have less performance than the stockers, and the HP+'s are better than the stockers. More performance plus a bit less brake dust = winner in my book.

I immediately felt a drop off in performance when I had my HPS's up front vs. the stock brakes. While not huge, I felt it from the get go. If you can live with the slight performance drop, then it may be worth using the HPS's up front, due to the huge drop off in dust. If not, then the HP+'s are the way to go.

I daily drive the HP+'s and love them. They do make a bit of noise, but it's not overwhelming. The performance is well worth it to me. I love the grip. it really is great.

'Dustability':

Stock:**********
HP+:..********
HPS:..**

Performance"

Stock:********
HP+:..**********
HPS:..*****

-Chris

GMBOUND
10-09-07, 04:30 PM
I don't mind a lil Noise (X-pipe) I do want performance and less dust.

thebigjimsho
10-09-07, 04:53 PM
Crispy told BigJim, to make sure that you imediately wash your rims after using the Blue's because the dust will eat the paint off your rims, plus I'm sure it's not so good for the metal either. Just passing the nugget along in case you wern't aware.

-ChrisYep. And wash 'em I did. Gotta thank Ron for running the block for me at VIR. I got through 2 wheels before I saw the sign stating no detergents or cleaners at the water station...

BTW, I just realized the other day I still have Ron's crowbar. :hide: Should I still send it or has he forgotten about it?:o

thebigjimsho
10-09-07, 04:58 PM
I call and raise you Toyo R888's and Hawk HP Plus pads...:bouncy: Like glue today...Yeah, I got a big-time brake education at VIR back in June.

I had thought for the past 2 years that I was running HPS+ pads. I actually was running HPS. When I got to VIR, I had only 3 hours of sleep the night before and decided I'd skip changing pads. HPS pads + Hoosier slicks = wildly mismatched. The brakes were fine for a few laps but faded quickly towards the end of each morning run. Time to switch to my Blues.

The Hoosiers + Blues? Holy hotness Batman! And I was hearing all weekend that Blues are entry level comp pads. But they worked so well, my brakes got so hot that I boiled my ATE Super Blue fluid. Now I run Hoosiers + Blues + titanium shims + Motul RBF600 fluid. So far, so so good.

I think you'll find, chef, that running HPS+ and R888s is a mismatch on the track. Have fun!