: Check this out...

FL01SS
10-05-07, 02:46 PM
I've been scoping out Vs lately. This one got my attention. What do you guys think!?!?

http://autos.yahoo.com/usedcars/detail/index.html?cid=automobiles-230133594&dst=83.20&rsr=bWFrZT1DQUQmYW1wO21vZGVsPUNUUyZhbXA7Y2xfeT0yMD A0JmFtcDtjaF95PTIwMDcmYW1wO2NsX3ByaWNlPSZhbXA7Y2hf cHJpY2U9JmFtcDtjbF9taT0mYW1wO2NoX21pPTUwMDAwJmFtcD tjaz1WJmFtcDtndXI9MzAwJmFtcDtjc3o9MzM3MTYmYW1wO2Nl X3NsPSZhbXA7dnR5cGU9YXV0b3MmYW1wO21rPUNhZGlsbGFjJm FtcDttbz1DVFMmYW1wO3N1Ym1pdD1TZWFyY2g-#image

RunningOnEMT
10-05-07, 02:52 PM
price is a smidge steep

but i'm sure they have some wiggle room .. if you like it drive it, give it the once over and make a determination on that

i know you can find ones for less money than that... i know cobrayankee has a BEAUTIFUL black raven 05 for sale

and i know he keeps meticulous care of his cars

RunningOnEMT
10-05-07, 02:54 PM
nevermind... its maggied didnt see that

price is about right then

but keep in mind if someone took the time to put a blower in they DEFINITELY flogged the car... so keep that in mind

heavymetals
10-05-07, 03:15 PM
nevermind... its maggied didnt see that

price is about right then

but keep in mind if someone took the time to put a blower in they DEFINITELY flogged the car... so keep that in mind

Where is that a given?

I have a maggie and my car isn't/hasn't been flogged.

Just because someone mods the heck out of their car doesn't mean they abuse it, or beat the crap out of it.

RunningOnEMT
10-05-07, 03:18 PM
heavy != majority....

RodSmith32
10-05-07, 03:25 PM
I'm in the same boat as Heavy, I have a maggied V and I DO NOT abuse the car. The way I see it is if you spend the money to build/purchase a nice car why abuse it?

RunningOnEMT
10-05-07, 03:27 PM
ok i'm in the minority here maybe because you cannot TELL what the previous owner has done i plan on them having thrashed it... thats all

not saying that all do ... but why go into it with rose colored glasses then BOOM ... hole in your block

FL01SS
10-05-07, 03:28 PM
What's the cost of a Maggie??? I was wondering what you all thought about buying a car that's already got the fi on it. I don't 100% agree with the assumption that just because it's modded means it was beaten. My 01 SS was modded very nicely & I didn't beat the crap out of it. I'm sure I drove it harded than the old guy that lives up the street drives his 35th anniversary though. I don't know if I could buy it since it's from a dealer though. If it was a private owner & I could talk with the guy & see that he wasn't just a gear slammin fool, I'd feel a lot less paranoid about buying it!

RunningOnEMT
10-05-07, 03:30 PM
thats exactly what i was trying to get at ... sorry guys ... i'm a ltitle out of sorts today

korizzle
10-05-07, 03:30 PM
im startin to feel that i got ripped off...i thought i was getting a great deal...i paid 35k or 36k out the door for my o5' w/ 17k miles on it. no maggie :( every V i could find was around 38k before tax etc.. and that they had higher mileage. damn california.

Koooop
10-05-07, 03:37 PM
im startin to feel that i got ripped off...i thought i was getting a great deal...i paid 35k or 36k out the door for my o5' w/ 17k on it. no maggie :( every V i could find was around 38k before tax etc.. and that they had higher mileage. damn california.

Don't blame California just because you caught the skin boat to Tuna town.

There's was a beautiful (flawless, tits, perfect) 16,000 mile V floating around So Cal for just under $30,000 :shhh: recently. I damn near sold mine to get that one!

FL01SS
10-05-07, 03:41 PM
How long ago was that? I paid $25k (they were asking $29,750) last year (11 months ago actually) for a loaded 04 CTS with 30k on it & the same dealership is now listing similar 05s for $27,850 & asking around $23 for 04s! I was really expecting a Caddy to hold it's value a bit more!!! But on the other hand, it means I'm going to be able ot get into a V for close to $30k!!!

Koooop
10-05-07, 03:47 PM
Since when did Cadillac's start holding their value?

As of last week there's a V in Meridian ID with under 20k miles, I think it's $30,000, cat back, shifter, no extended warranty.

korizzle
10-05-07, 04:06 PM
How long ago was that? I paid $25k (they were asking $29,750) last year (11 months ago actually) for a loaded 04 CTS with 30k on it & the same dealership is now listing similar 05s for $27,850 & asking around $23 for 04s! I was really expecting a Caddy to hold it's value a bit more!!! But on the other hand, it means I'm going to be able ot get into a V for close to $30k!!!

this was at the end of august...i was looking at escalade's when i came across the v. it said 38500 on the windshield, and knowing how much they can be new, i thought that was a decent price. went home looked online a bit at other other dealerships that had used v's on the lots...and they all wanted about the same. so i figured that was the price... then that following wknd i went past the dealership again and saw that it had dropped to ~34,500 (or something like that, def. below 35), so i drove it and bought it...i was also anxious to get out of my last car (02' lexus is300 w/ 105k miles, in desperate need of a new clutch, tires, and breaks).

oh well, i love my v:thumbsup: (well now that i've learned to lived with the clunks/shotty american interior craftsmenship - mainly the buttons) and buying it hasn't put me in the poor house :) so i'm happy!

FL01SS
10-05-07, 04:08 PM
Since when did Cadillac's start holding their value?

As of last week there's a V in Meridian ID with under 20k miles, I think it's $30,000, cat back, shifter, no extended warranty.

Ha! I don't know!?! I guess I had just expected them to since they're a luxury car!

FL01SS
10-05-07, 04:10 PM
this was at the end of august...i was looking at escalade's when i came across the v. it said 38500 on the windshield, and knowing how much they can be new, i thought that was a decent price. went home looked online a bit at other other dealerships that had used v's on the lots...and they all wanted about the same. so i figured that was the price... then that following wknd i went past the dealership again and saw that it had dropped to ~34,500 (or something like that, def. below 35), so i drove it and bought it...i was also anxious to get out of my last car (02' lexus is300 w/ 105k miles, in desperate need of a new clutch, tires, and breaks).

oh well, i love my v:thumbsup: (well now that i've learned to lived with the clunks/shotty american interior craftsmenship - mainly the buttons) and buying it hasn't put me in the poor house :) so i'm happy!

So you didn't talk them down any??? I've never once paid what the window sticker said!

korizzle
10-05-07, 04:13 PM
So you didn't talk them down any??? I've never once paid what the window sticker said!

tried to a little, but they wouldn't budge cuz they just dropped it like 4k. oh well, next time i'll be a bit more aggressive!

FL01SS
10-05-07, 04:19 PM
So how much does it run for a s/c setup on a V?

whisler151
10-05-07, 04:20 PM

Congrats! Once you drive it its hard to not drive it home...they got me too, on my first test drive!

rand49er
10-05-07, 04:23 PM
...i was also anxious to get out of my last car (02' lexus is300 w/ 105k miles, in desperate need of a new clutch, tires, and breaks). ...If it's a shoddy Amercan interior then it's a shoddy Japanese clutch. :thepan:

Sorry, just sticking up for America. :patriot:

korizzle
10-05-07, 04:24 PM
Congrats! Once you drive it its hard to not drive it home...they got me too, on my first test drive!

:highfive:

RightTurn
10-06-07, 12:15 AM
tried to a little, but they wouldn't budge cuz they just dropped it like 4k. oh well, next time i'll be a bit more aggressive!

korizzle--sounds like you got an ok deal, especially if you love the car. We all live and learn. :yup:

Twitch
10-06-07, 04:50 AM
im startin to feel that i got ripped off...i thought i was getting a great deal...i paid 35k or 36k out the door for my o5' w/ 17k miles on it. no maggie :( every V i could find was around 38k before tax etc.. and that they had higher mileage. damn california.

I paid 35K out the door for my 05 with just under 19k miles. Picked it up a couple days after the dealer took 3k off the price.
After looking at a few others (and tons more online), based on their price and condition I was very happy with my purchase :)
Then I drove it home,,,,,:excited::spin:

CTSV_Rob
10-06-07, 02:58 PM
Did anyone notice it in the description it had a tow package? I wonder what he towed with a V!

Koooop
10-06-07, 10:07 PM
I wish I could tow my boat with my V, then it would be the PERFECT car.

CTSV_Rob
10-06-07, 10:13 PM
What year is your V?

wildwhl
10-08-07, 12:46 AM
Where is that a given?

I have a maggie and my car isn't/hasn't been flogged.

Just because someone mods the heck out of their car doesn't mean they abuse it, or beat the crap out of it.

+1 more who had not/did not abuse or beat the crap out of my modified V!

WW

Koooop
10-08-07, 01:48 PM

The dealer made it clear a tow hitch would impact the warranty. Once the warranty is gone I can tow, but the V will be gone by then.

05_CTSV
10-09-07, 03:32 PM
Anyone want to pull the service history? I would assume that if it was flogged + the maggie we should see at least a couple of new rearends since us normal guys seem to be in line for at least 1. :D