Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1990 Deville - Original or Aftermarket

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  behind-bars 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a 1990 Sedan Deville with 45,000 original miles. Gorgeous car. The only thing that does not work is the radio. When you start the car you get nothing for 5-10 minutes. Then the front speakers fade in. The backs never do. Well I bought another non-bose head unit off E-bay for my car and took it to my install shop. It doesn't work at all. No power to it. The shop tod me as far as my original radio goes - the amp inside it is bad. So- here is my question-

The entire car is original now - do I try to buy another original head unit and hope it works this time

or

Do I just go ahead and get something aftermarket that will give me a CD player as well as much better sound?

Thanx- Bill

See less See more
#5 ·
I'm also having radio problems on an 89 Deville, have you removed the stock radio and if so can you give me any guidance on how to do this. I have taken the rectangular cover plate off and removed the two screws on top but still cannot get the radio out, are there other points where it is attached, possibly in the back of the radio. Bose radio / tape player.

My problem is I'm not getting any sound whatsoever out of the radio, it is getting a signal but no sound. This has happened following replacing the alternator.

Not trying to steal your thread but just looking for some info.

Thanks,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.