: Has anyone w/ an '04 V had any problems w/their battery?

creedogg
10-04-07, 03:54 PM
On 2 occassions when I exit my car a message appears on the Dvd screen saying "battery saver activated" and when I tried to start it again right away, it was dead. I went back 2 my car after a few hours and it started up, but all of my "info" settings were reset and the clock and other digital readings were as well. I just wanted 2 know if anyone has experienced this problem. I'd appreciate any feedback. Thanks guys!

heavymetals
10-04-07, 04:26 PM
Battery failures are common on the V.

The POS 101 design plus the engine heat just cooks the thing.

I am on #2.

P-Funk
10-04-07, 04:57 PM
My '06 did the same thing. It died not too many days later. When it died, I called Cadillac roadside service and they came and replaced it for free. Haven't had a problem since.

Keys8541
10-04-07, 05:02 PM
My '06 did the same thing. It died not too many days later. When it died, I called Cadillac roadside service and they came and replaced it for free. Haven't had a problem since.

did you just say "cadillac" and "free" in the same sentance? i dont think this has ever been done before!

P-Funk
10-04-07, 05:48 PM
How about this one?: Cadillac, free, and no questions asked.

dqw1
10-04-07, 07:28 PM
Replaced under warranty.

bleeee
10-04-07, 09:27 PM
Mine has said battery not charging like 3-4 times recently, while driving.....anyone have any ideas/suggestions

gs dave
10-05-07, 01:47 PM
I did not get that warning, but had an intermittant starting problem(eventually fixed as the starter). During the process, they replaced my battery for free under warranty. I have not paid 1 cent for anything on the car yet...certified Cadillac Warranty...diff, motor mounts, driveshaft support bearing(never heard of that one before), radio/nav unit due to paint peeling....

Flyboy
10-05-07, 02:20 PM
I had a completely dead battery last Sunday. Called Cadillac Roadside and they were there with booster box in 45 mintues. Jumped the battery, no problems since. I am carrying my own charged battery booster, though.....just in case. I was VERY Impressed with the Service/Support from the "Roadside Girl" I spoke with. (She said if it wasn't a Sunday, they would have sent a Cadillac Tech w/Battery and fixed it in my garage).

1badjimmy
10-05-07, 03:20 PM
My battery died Wednesday while I was replacing the brakes. Yesterday I went to Autozone with the battery and found that the 75 & 78 series were just a little taller. The 75 series is not as wide and the 78 series is the same with and length just about a 1/4 inch taller. Took the 78 series and put it in and was very cautious about closing the hood. After closing I reopened the hood and thought I had bent the hood. :eek: However I did not find any paint rubbed off and the little dent that I did find on the underside of the hood was in the same place on the drivers side.

I think GM left a little extra room for the 78 series because they knew that the 101 series is junk.

LV_V
10-05-07, 06:42 PM
Your V battery will die much more often than the average car's battery. I am on #4 I believe.

The reason that GM does not make permanent fixes for our problems: Gotta keep the Union workers busy/happy somehow... That's cool; I just won't ever buy another GM product again. NBD.

rgd
10-06-07, 04:33 AM
Cadillac~Free...Me too!
It's nice having one of the gr8 dealers around.
Let's hear it for Signer Cadillac in Newark, Ca...SF Bay Area.

CTSV_Rob
10-06-07, 09:08 PM
Signer is good huh?

Be worth the drive to Fremont.

I went there when I was looking for a CTS-V and when I asked the Sales man if he had one he pointed at a CTS. At that point I decided to go to a dealer that at least new what a V was.

Now with that said that was the sales department. The one thing the dealership I bought my car from taught me was that Just becuase they have a good sales department and Parts department it doesn't mean the Service department is worth a s%$t. I'm sure the reverse is also true.