: The best brand of the struts?

Aleksus
10-03-07, 07:38 PM
I want to replace the front struts and i'm looking for the very soft struts. So
what are the best replacement brand? should i buy only GM for that or are there something else? Need ur advice,please

elvin315
10-04-07, 09:18 AM
We're on opposite sides on this one. I have a Cat Sport, which is already stiffer than the base Catera, and when I replace the struts and shocks I'm going for the Koni Sports for an even firmer ride and the tighter handling they'll provide. I would imagine for your purposes maybe Monroe Sensatracs (http://www.shockwarehouse.com/site/mon_sense.cfm) are the ones for you. I've never used them myself but my exwife did and she raved about the smooth ride it gave her (formerly our) Honda Accord.

Elvin

PEETYZ
10-04-07, 10:47 AM
The factory shocks are very expensive and the monroe sensatracs are a little firmer but just slightly i hear they make the car handle alot better www.rockauto.com has the best prices i have seen so far you can get all new front and rear for 207.99 shipped This is the route i may go because o money and I may want lowering springs and dont want a super rough ride

Heres your prices
sensatracs 64.79 each for front
kyb sport shocks 17.79 each for front
AcDelco 206.89 EACH for front

Rear

Monroe max air 61.79 for a pair
Acdelco 201.79 each

Aleksus
10-04-07, 11:31 PM
Thanks guys we just called to the dealership and they wanted 288$ for the rigth front strut and 241$ for the left front strut (i'm just intresting-what's difference??? ) I think thats too expensive and i think i'll do that what PEETYZ said and to order them by the internet.
Do i need to replace kyb sport shocks too? I danno what they are and what for?

PEETYZ
10-05-07, 12:25 AM
kyb is a brand of stiffer shocks for catera

PEETYZ
10-05-07, 12:36 AM
You will want to buy the Monroe SensaTracs for the front (left and right) and the max air for the rear which is actually sold in a PAIR for only $61.79 Let me know how those work out for you i am planning to do the same some time soon =) www.rockauto.com Best Prices you can find

PEETYZ
10-06-07, 11:59 AM
Prices above for kyb 71.79 not 17.79 ha ha

Aleksus
10-07-07, 03:52 AM
Prices above for kyb 71.79 not 17.79 ha ha

yep i was a bit surprise why so cheap?? :bouncy: