: The best brand of the struts?

10-03-07, 06:38 PM
I want to replace the front struts and i'm looking for the very soft struts. So
what are the best replacement brand? should i buy only GM for that or are there something else? Need ur advice,please

10-04-07, 08:18 AM
We're on opposite sides on this one. I have a Cat Sport, which is already stiffer than the base Catera, and when I replace the struts and shocks I'm going for the Koni Sports for an even firmer ride and the tighter handling they'll provide. I would imagine for your purposes maybe Monroe Sensatracs (http://www.shockwarehouse.com/site/mon_sense.cfm) are the ones for you. I've never used them myself but my exwife did and she raved about the smooth ride it gave her (formerly our) Honda Accord.

10-04-07, 09:47 AM
The factory shocks are very expensive and the monroe sensatracs are a little firmer but just slightly i hear they make the car handle alot better www.rockauto.com has the best prices i have seen so far you can get all new front and rear for 207.99 shipped This is the route i may go because o money and I may want lowering springs and dont want a super rough ride

Heres your prices
sensatracs 64.79 each for front
kyb sport shocks 17.79 each for front
AcDelco 206.89 EACH for front

Monroe max air 61.79 for a pair
Acdelco 201.79 each

10-04-07, 10:31 PM
Thanks guys we just called to the dealership and they wanted 288$ for the rigth front strut and 241$ for the left front strut (i'm just intresting-what's difference??? ) I think thats too expensive and i think i'll do that what PEETYZ said and to order them by the internet.
Do i need to replace kyb sport shocks too? I danno what they are and what for?

10-04-07, 11:25 PM
kyb is a brand of stiffer shocks for catera

10-04-07, 11:36 PM
You will want to buy the Monroe SensaTracs for the front (left and right) and the max air for the rear which is actually sold in a PAIR for only $61.79 Let me know how those work out for you i am planning to do the same some time soon =) www.rockauto.com Best Prices you can find

10-06-07, 10:59 AM
Prices above for kyb 71.79 not 17.79 ha ha

10-07-07, 02:52 AM
Prices above for kyb 71.79 not 17.79 ha ha

yep i was a bit surprise why so cheap?? :bouncy: