: Help! Dealer Problems

SkullV
10-03-07, 02:36 PM
Whats going on guys? I had the dealor rotate my tires the other day, and I just realized that they put them back on so the rotation pattern on the tires is backwards (switched sides instead of front to back)! Is this something that I should try and get new tires out of? Is this something that is safe to drive on? I have never dealt with anything like this. Also my brakes squeak EXTREMELY BAD, the service tech tested them and said that there is plenty of brake pad left and i just had to clean the brake dust. So I cleaned the brake dust and they squeak even worse! What should I do about that? Call Cadillac Customer Service and complain or go back to the dealor?

Thanks for all your Help guys!
5-0 Purdue!!

rand49er
10-03-07, 02:39 PM
Will take you five minutes to correct the tire rotation mistake ... a couple of hours to go back and deal with the dealer. Your choice.

SkullV
10-03-07, 02:51 PM
I've put almost 300 miles on them with backward rotation, it wont hurt the tread/tires at all? If that is the case then I will just do it myself, I'm more worried that the tires will have problems/shorter life because of this

rand49er
10-03-07, 03:59 PM
Don't think 300 miles will be a problem (don't ask me why I hope ... er, I mean, think that :o).

Besides, I recall one of the moderators here having done the same thing a year or so ago. He posted a pic of his car to show something unrelated to tires only to have someone here point it out to him (and to the rest of us :stirpot:). Good thing for me, 'cause in my seeming limitless ignorance I was not aware of directional tires at that time. :hide:

z06bigbird
10-03-07, 04:56 PM
Don't think 300 miles will be a problem (don't ask me why I hope ... er, I mean, think that :o).

Besides, I recall one of the moderators here having done the same thing a year or so ago. He posted a pic of his car to show something unrelated to tires only to have someone here point it out to him (and to the rest of us :stirpot:). Good thing for me, 'cause in my seeming limitless ignorance I was not aware of directional tires at that time. :hide:

Seemingly limitless ignorance--I like that. Just hope you weren't talking about me.

A variation of that could be a neat signature for you.

nikon
10-03-07, 05:14 PM
na, can't hurt the tires...as for the brakes....you can call caddy cust service....they'll say it's a high performance car, and they'd be right...however I have no squeak issues...are you on stock pads?

you could also try some wheel cleaner....something strong, or hell, even some simple green and spray it on the pads and all over the rotor, let it soak and hose the shit out of it...just be careful not to get it on the rims....dunno what kind of effect it would have on them.

The Tony Show
10-03-07, 05:17 PM
Mine squealed like nails on a chalkboard- Replaced the pads + rotors and it came right back.

Here's the secret to getting rid of squealing brakes:

http://www.autobarn.net/ch05016.html

Apply a coat of this to the BACK of the pads and it will absorb the high frequency vibration that causes the squeal.

svassh
10-03-07, 05:21 PM
Mine squealed like nails on a chalkboard- Replaced the pads + rotors and it came right back.

Apply a coat of this to the BACK of the pads and it will absorb the high frequency vibration that causes the squeal.

Or switch to Hawks HPS pads, no squeal and much less dust.

Oh BTW did you know the stock wheels are silver not grey? :thumbsup:

nikon
10-03-07, 06:01 PM

I've had that stuff work and not work...it's a crapshoot as far as I'm concerned...it'll work for a couple thousand miles and it'll do it all over again.....but it's work a shot....they also sell something now that gets absorbed into the pad.

SkullV
10-03-07, 07:17 PM
Well First off I will be switching dealers after this whole experience. I called the dealer to get them to put the tires back on correctly (I would do it myself but I have NO tools here at school), and one hour before they closed they said they were slow and sent all their techs home. I then called Cadillac Customer service to see if there was any other dealer around here I could bring it to and they said no and apologized. In any case, after a long talk with Customer Service, I am getting the tires corrected, and iI' getting new brakes. For once it all worked out!

RightTurn
10-03-07, 10:23 PM
The squeaky wheel DOES get the grease! :highfive: