: Another Tire Thread ! ! ! Question ? ?

Flyboy
10-03-07, 10:47 AM
I'm getting ready to purchase tires. Discount Tire suggested I review the Nitto Invo. Has anyone here evaluated this tire? Thanks All......

whisler151
10-03-07, 11:19 AM
I really wanted to go with that tire! I love the tread pattern. If you get it PLEASE post pics. I ended up with the Dunlop Direzza...not too sure how I like the Direzza yet...

Here is the Invo http://www.nittotire.com/#index%2Etire%2Einvo

mcfaddens17
10-03-07, 12:59 PM
I went with the Dunlop SportMaxx. Dunlops were original equipment on my last car(BMW 540i). Great wear, over 50k miles on that car, no noise, great traction and handling. Less than half the cost of staying with the F1 EMTs and much softer ride. Getting rid of the EMT tires also solved all my wheel hop issues as an added benefit. I ordered from Tire Rack and had them shipped diredctly to local Tire Kingdom to install. Saved a bunch of money by doing it that way. Would have cost close to $200 more for the set to have Tire Kingdom order themselves.

rand49er
10-03-07, 01:41 PM
:food-snacking:

SkullV
10-03-07, 01:55 PM
I got the Bridgestone Potenza RE060 Pole Position AS....amazing tires...currently rotating backward (bad dealer tire rotation) getting that taken care of. They are great tires though I would recommend them to anyone needing an all season tire!

Twitch
10-03-07, 02:49 PM
Gonna need new tires soon. I might pick up the all-season F1 non-emt's.
I'd like to stay with the runflats cuz its easier but I dont think they're worth it.

Berserker
10-03-07, 03:09 PM
I plan on getting the Bridgestone Potenza RE-01R tires. They've got really good reviews over on Tirerack, but they are a Summer tire.

lunarx
10-03-07, 03:16 PM
I have PS2 on my 05 and F1's on my 04.

The F1's really are great tires.
I have no complaints on them at all.

That said, if you need to get away from F1's, and don't want PS2's, then I think Invo would be a good choice.

For stronger performance the Bridgestone RE-01R would be the ticket.
And they make the V's exact size.
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Potenza+RE-01R

darkman
10-03-07, 09:33 PM
Gonna need new tires soon. I might pick up the all-season F1 non-emt's.
I'd like to stay with the runflats cuz its easier but I dont think they're worth it.

You might want to look at F1 GS-D3 EMTs. They are cheaper than the F1 Supercars, and have a softer ride with much better wet weather performance in terms of resistance to hydroplaning as well as traction. They are also supposed to last longer, but since I only have 1,000 miles on mine I cannot confirm that yet.

Ferrari put these on their F430 and I don't know why GM did not put them on the V instead of the Supercars and later the RSAs, especially given the lower cost.

CVP33
10-03-07, 09:39 PM
Guys on my "other" forum are raving about the INVO's. Those and another tire that I won't mention because no one cares. :histeric:

Twitch
10-03-07, 10:32 PM
You might want to look at F1 GS-D3 EMTs. They are cheaper than the F1 Supercars, and have a softer ride with much better wet weather performance in terms of resistance to hydroplaning as well as traction. They are also supposed to last longer, but since I only have 1,000 miles on mine I cannot confirm that yet.

Ferrari put these on their F430 and I don't know why GM did not put them on the V instead of the Supercars and later the RSAs, especially given the lower cost.

Didn't know they were emt's.
I haven't looked at them because I thought they were summer tires.
I'll check them out,,,thanks

darkman
10-03-07, 10:50 PM
Didn't know they were emt's.
I haven't looked at them because I thought they were summer tires.
I'll check them out,,,thanks

There is both a EMT version and a non-EMT version. Tire Rack has them. I had to have my local Goodyear Store order the EMT version (took about 1 week) because they do not stock them. Finally, I don't think they come in the 245/45/18, but they are available in either 245/40/18 and 255/45/18. I got the 255s which are great in terms of ride smoothness. If you are a hardcore cornering type the 245/40/18 will give more grip.

MN CTS-VETT
10-03-07, 11:09 PM
I would be hesitant on a Discount Tire recommendation, they did the same to me on a different tire. Did the research (TireRack, this forum) and I felt like they were pushing a brand to decrease inventory.

Have 600 miles on the Bridgestone RE-01R tires. I will write a full review after 2K miles, but initial impressions are:
-- Great road feel, I know when these tires will break free whereas the F1 RFT's were all on/all off
-- Very quiet, will check in later after more wear. But so far the car is a different animal on the freeway
-- Ever so slight softer side wall, to be expected with non RFT's.
-- Great rain/hydroplane resistance
-- Paid ~$240 per tire
-- The newest Bridgestone ultra-performance tire
-- Spare tire, stock rim and jack (add ~45 lbs) using worn F1 RFT worked great.