: 22's ?

CadMan4life
10-02-07, 10:02 PM
Glad that 20's is possible. Anyone think 22's will fit on the catera, say with a 225/20/22?

Cadi Cat
10-03-07, 08:25 PM
I don't know.... how's the ride? I'm thinking an 18 inch wheel would be perfect for me. As long as it doesn't feel like I'm riding in a tank. That's very important on Michigan roads!

10KTGOLD
10-04-07, 01:40 AM
they'll fit 235-30-22 is max tho.

CadMan4life
10-04-07, 03:55 PM
do you mean 235/30/22 or 225/30/22? Isnnt is suppose to be a 225 with the catera?

10KTGOLD
10-04-07, 04:11 PM
235 Is he max size you can use and not rub anything.

CadMan4life
10-04-07, 04:27 PM
ok thanks. 235/30/22 I got it. You haave 22s on your catera?

10KTGOLD
10-04-07, 04:43 PM
not yet, but im ordering spaces to change it to 5x114 so i can put them on, there off a deville. 245/30/22 but the spacers move it out 2" so it will clear

CadMan4life
10-04-07, 05:10 PM
do you think i will need something like that or am I good with everything?

10KTGOLD
10-04-07, 06:17 PM
if you can get a 22x8 rims in 5x110 35-40 offset then youll be ok. smallest i found was 22x9.5

CadMan4life
10-04-07, 09:01 PM
thanks for the help gold. I'm looking at these ones but they are RWD. I'm a bit unclear of all that talk. The catera is FWD I think?, what would happen if I put on RWD wheels?

todd2fst4u
10-04-07, 10:44 PM
the catera is rear wheel drive. problem solved

10KTGOLD
10-04-07, 10:52 PM
lol yeah what he said ,but rwd wheels on a fwd will rub and fwd on a rwd will stick out just so that you know that. useless info lol

CadMan4life
10-07-07, 09:44 PM
22 x 9.5 would fit? or is that too wide?

10KTGOLD
10-07-07, 09:53 PM
2 wide , needs spacers

CadMan4life
10-07-07, 10:54 PM
hmm guess I might just stick with the 8.5s. Is the 235/30/22 necessary or can I go with 245/30/22? Thanks for all the replies.

10KTGOLD
10-08-07, 12:05 AM
if you go with 245 you have to have spacers weither it be the bolt on ones that space it out 2" or the ones you stick behind the wheel thats universal from like pepboys and so on, but those slip and will throw the balance off on your wheels.

CadMan4life
10-08-07, 08:09 PM
today I looked under the wheel well , I never realized there is so little space in the front. The back can defintely hold 22s. I'm worried about the front. I just might stick with the 20's. 20 x 8.5 MAX with 225/35/20. Don't even know if that will make it. :confused:

Aleksus
10-08-07, 11:16 PM
Guys you know that Catera is not really sport car so ...why you need that?? 22's???

10KTGOLD
10-08-07, 11:29 PM
If it was a sports car then it wouldnt have 22's. bigger rims are for looks. if you look at newer cadillacs alot come with 20's stock. trucks with 22's or 24's. also doesnt matter what he or I or anyone else does to mods there cars to to do things to it that what we personally think makes it look good cause its are car and thats what we want.. if i wanted racing stripes and a lifted rear im sure there would be people out there that feel the same way, if i wanted to lower the car and get racing rims ,cai ,headerback and sc then there people that are into that also. not saything that im not into those things cause ive owned over 60 cars all differerant kinds ,but with the cadillac being a luxery car with all the options i believe imo that my car will look better with bigger ie 22" rims to set it off. the rest of the car is stock besides tint and also it depends on where te person lives and how they grew up or whatever. theres no need to ruin this guys question ,its uncalled for and reminds me of a honda forum.... if you dont think that it would be a good idea ,then be grown about it and keep it to yourself. to each there own.

Aleksus
10-10-07, 02:54 AM
I just was wondering i didnt say that you guys no rit ok if you wana do it just do it i dont care about it like you say its personal thing do that or dont do that and i agree with it. luxery car? Oh yes its rit its luxery enough car to love it and i like my Catera with all the options and especially you know for who this is luxery car? for you and for me and for every one who lives in the USA its a really
luxery car cuz it calls CADILLAC and 95% of Americans think that its really Cadillac but as you know its not really cady its a Opel and for people lives in different countries where people have this Opel for them its not so really luxery car cuz too much manufacture problems and not as so reliable as Mers.,BMV,Infinity or Lexus with the same options so thats why they dont put this car in a line with another luxery cars. They say its a good car or a very good car. Thats why Opel Omega has pretty cheap price, cheap enough parts and cheap service in comparison with another luxery cars. may be its hard to belive but its truth i know what i'm saing. I communicate now with many people who have Opel Omega and also i have come from the country where a lot of Opel Omegas and not only omega but doesnt matter now so i know what i'm talking about. and you know what? i never have not seen Opel Omega with 22s ,you know ,so thats why i'm wondering about that. I dont ruin this guys question like you saing cuz i'm not gonna argue or to prove something thats personal choice to do something, if you think you will make it look good go head do that may be thats gonna be cool i dont know. i'm just questining cuz i dont know how does it look- Catera with 22s. you got it? thats it

elvin315
10-10-07, 08:58 AM
Please don't flame me for this.

No offense guys but the last few posts are painful to read. If english isn't your primary language I certainly understand, and even applaude the effort involved in communicating in a forgein language, but if not then I don't understand. Literally. I'm not talking about simple spelling mistakes or typos. The wording and lack of punctuation or simple grammar makes it hard to follow your meaning.

I read these posts to learn and maybe answer a question or two while also getting to know like minded Catera people. If it becomes work to unravel a post then I skip it. I'm sure I'm not alone here. I know the Internet has created a sort of shorthand language and I'm guilty of sometimes using it but this is more than that. Again, I don't mean to insult anyone but make it easy on the rest of us old codgers and polish up your writing skills.

Elvin

Aleksus
10-10-07, 12:34 PM
Elvin I think you are right and i agree with you.I did not try to make it hard to read this or to follow mine meaning .I'm sorry for that. The English language is not mine primary language but anyway i apologize.

elvin315
10-10-07, 01:30 PM
Elvin I think you are right and i agree with you.I did not try to make it hard to read this or to follow mine meaning .I'm sorry for that. The English language is not mine primary language but anyway i apologize.

I apologize. Your english is quite good considering it's not your native language. Maybe you can help us know you better by filling in your profile.

My comments were directed more to the native english speakers here. The Internet is an open door to the world and anyone entering should take pride to present themselves in the best light. I'd like the world sees me as literate.

Elvin