: Anybody have experience w/bumperplugs.com plugs??

mcfaddens17
10-02-07, 03:46 PM
Getting ready to drill out rivots on front license plate holder. Has anybody had any experience using the plugs from www.bumperplugs.com to fill these holes? Not ready to invest the funds in having the holes filled and bumper repainted yet. Was hoping someone had some experience using the plugs, maybe some photos?

urbanski
10-02-07, 04:26 PM
no pics handy, but i've used them lots of times.
Eric rocks. Highly recommended. Get a plug for your driver door keyhole, too.

mcfaddens17
10-02-07, 05:13 PM
Thanks. Just realized they are located here in Charlotte, so I'm going to go down and take a look at in person to see how they look.

AAIIIC
10-03-07, 01:25 AM
Huh, never seen those before. Let us know what you find, as I'd definitely be interested in a set. I'm not impressed that the damn license plate holder mounts right into the front bumper the way it does. :( For now I've just left it on the car with no plate because I don't want to leave the ugly holes exposed.

natelabo
10-03-07, 03:57 AM
They work awesome and look great short of fiberglassin and makin it look new... and whatta know I got some for sale for like 35% off...

http://www.cadillacforums.com/cadillac-classifieds/showproduct.php/product/3030/cat/10/page/1

:D

Scotty7751
10-03-07, 01:22 PM
wow almost had an epilectic sezure from that intro!!

mcfaddens17
10-03-07, 02:04 PM
JUst drilled out the rivots and removed the plate holder this morning. Already looks 100% better, even with the holes left in the bumper. Hated that stupid holder in the bumper, ruined the look of the front end. I'll update when I get the plugs installed.

Oversight
10-06-07, 10:56 PM
How do you get the bracket off? I noticed you guy saying "drilling out" the rivets. Could you please explain. I hate the damned thing, it needs to go.

mcfaddens17
10-07-07, 12:10 PM
I drilled into the rivot face until the rivot started spinning with drill. The rivot then drilled itself all the way through the bracket plastic. I just put pulled the bracket forward with some slight pressure while I was doing it and they drilled right through fairly easy. Probably a better way, but it worked for me. Once the bracket came off, I just snipped the rivot heads off with some metal snips and pushed the backs out through the bumper. Took less than 5 minutes to do and looks 100% better now without the stupid bracket.

Davidstan
10-08-07, 09:36 AM
I used Erics product and he was great to deal with. Screwed up a plug and he sent me a new one at no charge.

WheelHop
10-08-07, 12:23 PM
Bumperplugs... Ohh bee-have!