10-02-07, 12:45 PM
Thanks.
Any interior/exterior changes?
Which engine is "better"?

BLACK_CTSV
10-02-07, 12:48 PM
Which engine is "better"?

:Poke:
Well, you'll get plenty of answers. However, the correct answer is that the LS6 is better. :cheers:

Super
10-02-07, 12:51 PM
for forced induction:)
or?

Mystical_Ice
10-02-07, 12:56 PM
for just overall mods... there's a lot more available for the LS6 than the LS2. The LS2 is a superior engine though, but many/most people here, myself included, love the LS6 because it's a funner engine to drive. it only really wakes up in the higher RPM range

Super
10-02-07, 12:58 PM
what are the must-do mods?

Super
10-02-07, 12:59 PM
what engine get the better mpg?

Mystical_Ice
10-02-07, 01:01 PM
i'm not sure; i'd assume the LS6 because it's a slightly smaller engine, but i'm pretty sure they both do about the same.

must-do mods? check the cadillac FAQ... there are so many mods you can do, ranging in everything from a simple tune, to a supercharger

theloanman219
10-02-07, 02:44 PM
what engine get the better mpg?

Better then your escalade!:highfive:

Everyone knows that the stealth gray 05 ls2 is the most rare and fastest V made. You will find the must have mods once you have owned the car for a little bit (that is when the mod bug will bite) and talk with your service advisor. :shhh:

whisler151
10-02-07, 03:01 PM
:Poke:
Well, you'll get plenty of answers. However, the correct answer is that the LS6 is better. :cheers:

Precisely...Cadillac decided to downgrade in 2006 to larger engine that responds better to mods and has a larger torque band while putting up arguably higher dyno numbers...:banghead:

You can go round and round about which engine is better and we will all argue that OUR engine is better...bottom line is $$$. If you want to get into a V for under $30K then you are looking at a 2004 or higher millage 2005. If you want a newer car then go with a 2006 or new 2007.
If a 2004 and 2006 V were to race it would come down to the drivers.

nikon
10-02-07, 03:56 PM
the LS2 can be found in the Chev SSR.....that is all I have to say :p

oh and the trailblazer......I'm sure they'll put it in the tahoe next.....damn truck engine :p

whisler151
10-02-07, 03:59 PM
the LS2 can be found in the Chev SSR.....that is all I have to say :p

oh and the trailblazer......I'm sure they'll put it in the tahoe next.....damn truck engine :p

And you have chrome wheels...that is all I have to say :stirpot:

Super
10-02-07, 04:04 PM
OK, what about interior/exterior diffs

whisler151
10-02-07, 04:17 PM
No body differences other than the extra rubber you will have on the side of the 2006/2007 from all the torque you get!:want:

Everything that you want is listed on http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/index.html

click on Reviews and Model Comparison on the left then What are the changes on the 2006 V on the right

rand49er
10-02-07, 07:49 PM
what are the must-do mods?A shifter. Yup. Without a doubt, a shifter. :yup:

After that, it becomes much more cloudy with personal tastes and financial resources coming into play.

You want more sound? There're several different aftermarket exhaust systems available.

You want more performance? There's a tune (StealthV comes to mind), there're headers, there's CAI (though a simple kit is not as good as a combined approach), there're cams, heads, a supercharger, turbochargers, and more.

You want better handling? There's beefier anti-sway bars, there're heftier springs, and sporty shocks.

You want bling bling? Well, there's a bunch here ... too many to even think about here.

BTW, the LS6 has more mods available than the LS2, but they're both nearly indestructable (in stock form anyway). Mileage? Too close to call. Good luck!!!

Just my $0.02. :D

SLPR 6.0L
10-02-07, 08:13 PM
LS6 vs LS2 comes down to the driver as stated earlier. Stop light to stop light, I feel the LS2 has the advantage of low end TQ and an "improved" rear differential. Dropping down on the highway the LS6 will have the upper hand.
No motor will compensate for a poor driver. Drive both and make your own decision.
If planning on modding, the LS6 would respond better to forced induction better with its lower 10.5:1 compression. However with a hyper-eutectic (SP?) piston I would beware long term. The LS2 with its 10.9:1 compression ratio and hyper-eutectic piston is not a good candidate for force induction. High compression ratio + forced induction = melted piston. Imagine that, a truck motor has a superior compression ratio to the LS6. However the LS2 whoops LS6 ass with a cam and L92 heads. I would not get too mod happy unless you want to part with your rear diff, on both the LS2 and LS6.

darkman
10-02-07, 09:02 PM
Stop light to stop light, I feel the LS2 has the advantage of low end TQ and an "improved" rear differential. Dropping down on the highway the LS6 will have the upper hand.

I am not sure you can draw that conclusion concerning the relative strength of the LS6 versus the LS2 between stop lights. In first gear the relative torque and horsepower levels of the two motors is not controlling because of the attendant traction/wheelhop problems.

Shifting out of first gear at 6,500 rpm brings you into second gear at 4,500 rpm. Likewise shifting from second at 6,500 rpm brings into third at 4,500 rpm and shifting from third at 6,500 rpm brings you into into fourth again at 4,500.

Thus, the contest we are talking about is the relative power of the two powerplants between 4,500 rpm (which is the approximate peak in torque levels) and 6,500 rpm. In other words low end torque is largely irrelevant.

SLPR 6.0L
10-03-07, 12:13 AM
When I say from stop light to stop light, I mean launching from idle, not side stepping the cluch at 4500 rpms and running a short distance to the next light at the next block. Unlikely you would get out of second. I personally do not shift at 6500 rpms going into second because of wheelspin, therefore I am not at 4500 rpms going into second, and I do not have wheelhop (they fixed that when they upgraded to a truck motor).
I agree that coming out of second @6500 rpms low end TQ has zip to do with it and the better driver is going to win.
Has anyone ever organized a day at the drag stip to put this topic to rest.
I tried to get a friend with a 04 to run this past week end but he did not want to because his gas was old. We have always run on IL 203 by the army depot in the Granite City, Madison area.

urbanski
10-03-07, 06:50 AM
:horse: