: Kids+pens+leather please help

sirving04
04-24-04, 12:16 PM
Kids marked on the leather arm rest tired to get it out but cant what should i doooooooo help me please

elwesso
04-24-04, 12:33 PM
Kids+pens+leather= BEATING!!!!! :D

What car do you have??? I would try using something like windex or something, and then follow it up with a leather conditioner...

What have you tried so far???

The main thing is, your most likely gonna have to use a harsh chemical to get it off, and its VITAL you put some leather conditioner on after it.....

Msilva954
04-24-04, 12:45 PM
NOOOOO, dont use a harsh chemical what so ever.....ill tell you how to get it out...GARENTEED. Go to the store and buy yourself the (MR.CLEAN ERASER) it is the best cleaning product out there.....and while your at it clean the armrest on the door and steering wheel too.....you wont believe how much dirt comes up.

It will dull because of the nasty skin oils that are taken out...follow up by useing a leather cleaner/conditioner.

beemer2k
04-25-04, 12:43 AM
100% mineral spirits. Follow it with leather conditioner. Works like a charm... but make sure it is pure 100% mineral spirits. Look for it in the paint section of any hardware store.

sirving04
04-25-04, 01:01 AM
LOL BEATING >>>>>>>butyeah i tried every thing, i have a 02 escalade .....i tried ascahol, bleach (lol) phO, mop and glow, leather cleaner.........jsut wont come off..........

ThomasO
04-25-04, 01:16 AM
Better start looking for a new or replacement armrest.:banghead:

elwesso
04-25-04, 11:36 AM
Id try the mineral spirits.

I gotta use some of that stuff sometime to get rubber of my quarter panels (donuts)

Msilva954
04-25-04, 01:56 PM
MR CLEAN ERASER......CMON just do it, its cheaper then the mineral spirts and you can take scuffs off of anything.

If you want to spend the money here is a product to remove ink from leathermagic......
http://www.leathermagic.com/Secure/eCommerce/Catalog.asp?prdc=20

Robert Brandtjen
04-25-04, 07:56 PM
Try "oops, multi-purpose cleaner"-

when all else has failed me, that has worked. Also, furniture stores sell leather cleaning kits that come with a lipstick/ink/etc cleaner.

91 Eldo TC
05-01-04, 03:02 AM
Hairspray is the best ink remover.Get Aquanet in the white can..spray it on wipe it off,after a few times the ink will be gone.If the ink is stuck in the tiny lines use a toothbrush to get it out.Use a leather conditioner after the hairspray or you'll have a dull spot but it will return to normal after a few days.

exceldetail
05-01-04, 12:29 PM
Castrol Super Clean has yet to fail me...Ive used it on many stains, lipstick, pen, gum etc........Follow up with any over the counetr leather conditioner, Meg's, Turtle Wax, 303 Aerospace protectant....

elwesso
05-01-04, 02:02 PM
Hairspray is the best ink remover.Get Aquanet in the white can..spray it on wipe it off,after a few times the ink will be gone.If the ink is stuck in the tiny lines use a toothbrush to get it out.Use a leather conditioner after the hairspray or you'll have a dull spot but it will return to normal after a few days.
Ewww gooey stuff!!!!!

Msilva954
05-01-04, 04:17 PM
This is what the Mr.Clean Eraser did (sorry for the blurry pics)

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/12/web/564000-564999/564998_22_full.jpg
http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/12/web/564000-564999/564998_23_full.jpg

SupaFly
05-09-04, 10:46 PM
I started cleaning the leather seats in my car. I used a blow dryer to warm them up and hot, soapy water. People on my block are literally stopping to see the seats that I've finished. I am going to post pictures when I'm finished (probably in 2 weeks at the rate I'm going).

exceldetail
05-10-04, 11:50 PM
Supa, make sure you condition your seats after that ! That damn hairdryer will dry the **** out of that leather quicker than you can blink !!

Subguy
05-11-04, 01:18 AM
I detailed for many years and you need to find a leather "pen" stick. They make a stick like a crayon that is designed to remove ink from leather they also have special ones for lipstick......upholstery and furniture stores will have them