: God a northstar sounds sexy, but does something sound odd

Crown Vic Owner
09-30-07, 05:20 PM
9luUmn3Hopo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9luUmn3Hopo

Something sound odd to you from this clip?

Highline Cady
10-01-07, 02:14 AM
Sounds like it needs exhaust.

dkozloski
10-01-07, 01:52 PM
Sounds like a crappy recording on somebodies cell phone.

eldorado1
10-01-07, 02:32 PM
umm.. wind?

Submariner409
10-01-07, 06:45 PM
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot ??? Sounds exactly like a bent throttlelever just down from the suspensiom elevation frammis near the fuel tank vacuum alarm speaker. Better pull codes and change the tire while you're at it. ANYTHING, even a Ferrari V-12, would sound weird through that system......C'mon, man. If you're looking for diagnosis, you can do better than that...

Crown Vic Owner
10-01-07, 09:18 PM
It does it when driving as well. Is it normal for these cars to have a timing chain like noise upon acceleration?

Also, do these cars have a timin belt, what is connected to the camshaft on the driver side?

Submariner409
10-01-07, 09:26 PM
No. No.

caddydaddy
10-01-07, 09:47 PM
It does it when driving as well. Is it normal for these cars to have a timing chain like noise upon acceleration?

Also, do these cars have a timin belt, what is connected to the camshaft on the driver side?

I couldn't really hear anything wierd. Sounded about normal for a stock engine and exhaust. A Corsa cat-back will sound much better! :thumbsup:

The belt on the drivers side is for the water pump.

Crown Vic Owner
10-02-07, 02:56 AM
How much of a bitch is it to change the pump in these cars

goddamn

caddydaddy
10-02-07, 06:55 AM
How much of a bitch is it to change the pump in these cars

goddamn

It's actually very easy! Once you get the air box out of the way, there's tons of room to work around it. And it comes out with a special wrench that only costs $20.
The real pain in the @$$ waterpumps to work on are those on the 4.5 and 4.9 Cad engines! Those are pressed up against the frame rails.

Submariner409
10-02-07, 08:18 AM
Crown Vic, For some reason there have been a bunch of waterpump posts here in the last 6 weeks ! Read 'em and you should have a pretty good idea of the job. Remember : The waterpump capsule twists loose CLOCKWISE, and goes in CCW. Check the belt tensioner pulley, too. If the bearings are not quiet and smooth as silk, replace the unit. New DEXCOOL and GM tablets, too ???

AJxtcman
10-02-07, 01:55 PM
Turn up your Volume The sound is quiet.
Crown Vic you need it up about half way to hear it.

03 DHS
9MxiWTukDfg
99 SLS
S59Z6nMiZLg

dkozloski
10-02-07, 02:32 PM
You guys can keep your girly cars. This is what a real car sounds like. http://www.billzilla.org/BRM-pushstart.mp3

http://www.billzilla.org/BRM-fulltrack.mp3

Turn your system as loud as it will go.

Crown Vic Owner
10-03-07, 07:54 AM
corsa makes exhausts for these cars right?

(grabs credit card)

caddydaddy
10-03-07, 04:43 PM

(grabs credit card)

You're kidding, right? LOL, yes, it's a great system! I've had mine on for at least 40,000 miles, and it still sounds great! I get compliments on it's nice sounds all the time. I like it because it's quiet inside the cabin. You can barely hear it at highways speeds, unless you get on it. Then it roars!

AJxtcman
10-03-07, 08:40 PM

(grabs credit card)

The DHS is a Corsa.

Highline Cady
10-03-07, 09:10 PM
The clip of the Black DHS, that's mine, is a Corsa, they sound sweet, and are very bearable at speed but they will turn heads at WOT.