: Group 101 Battery Alternatives

Rod04
09-27-07, 10:32 PM
I have never been a fan of Delco batteries. They're OK . . . but.

Here is part of a post from Heavymetals of about a year and a half ago
from the CTS forum:

The battery is a 690 cca ACDelco in a fairly new group size: 101. Not many places carry a group 101 battery, and those I found were pretty pricey. Now, it turns out that a group 101 is almost exactly the same width and length as a group 78 battery, and about a half-inch shorter. In the cts, incidentally, it sits on a battery tray that's at least that thick.

Solution: Wal-Mart MAXX group 78N. 900 cca. Warranted free replacement for 3 years, prorated replacement for years 4-9. Top of the group 78 ratings at Consumer Reports, and a best buy. Paid all of $68 + tax.

It's a tighter fit than the original, but not so tight as to require bending, cutting or hammering. I though I might have to 'adjust' the thickness of the battery tray, but doing so was not required.

Yesterday I was at a Walmart and got measurements for three of their batteries.

Model/Group CCA L inchs W H
MAAX 34/78S 700 10 15/16 6 7/8 7 1/4 Side + Top Posts
MAXX 34S 660 10 15/16 6 7/8 7 13/16 Top Posts
MAAX 78S 650 10 15/16 7 1/4 7 1/4 Side Terminals

Price for 34S was $68.48 and 78S was 62.28
I saw no mention for "78N." And of course, our local WalMart store being essentially self-service, there was no one whom I could ask. All MAAX products were clearly labeled as "distributed by Johnson Controls." Dimensional info above was from a booklet entitled "Everstart Application Guide.

CCA ratings on these batteries were lower than for the 78N mentioned by Heavymetal. Note "N" vs "S" in the model designation. Not sure reason. Perhaps Johnson has made some redesign or the rating method has changed in the interim. Perhaps the battery of two years ago was to capable vs the competition so Johnson pulled some plate surface out of the design.

---------------------------------
Anyone know the dimensions for the Delco 101? Any other info or thoughts?

jpettit
10-17-07, 01:53 AM
The new 2008 SRX has a different battery altogether. It is now a standard recessed TOP POST battery rather than GM's typical side post battery. The terminals have also been reversed; the positive terminal is now on the driver's side and the battery cables on older models are long enough to reach. A dealer could tell you what group number is being used.

My Wal-Mart carries the 78S, but no 78N or 101.

PS:The SRX also has unique fuses that are shorter than the mini. Not in stock at auto supply stores or specialty fuse companies such as Fuseco. Good luck.

MortnCyn
10-17-07, 06:07 AM
My collection of fuses were certainly too large. Found out about the mini-mini fuses after buying some Littlefuse mini fuses. The fuse puller was still too large to pull the SRX fuse. Realized there is a fuse puller on the fuse box and pulled the 20-amp fuse in question to find out it is really mini.

Rod04
10-27-07, 10:41 PM
Would still love to know if anyone has the measurements of the OEM Gp 101 battery.

Also good info to know that the fuses in the car are of proprietary size. Better to find out this way than at 2am on the road. Will get a few to put into glove box 'just in case.'

Rod04
10-30-07, 05:51 PM
Finally had some free time and got the WalMart MAAX 78s battery for my 2004 6 cyl SRX. It fits fine.

Only tiny issue was that the WalMart (Johnson Controls) battery has a plastic carry handle that slides down to top of battery when not in use. There was a tiny bit of interference between this handle and the plastic battery cover (Cadillac factory installed) that goes over the battery after the battery is installed. I think the handle retained a tiny bit of curvature after I used it to pick up the battery. End result was that I was not able to fully engage and lock the two tabs (located on the driver's side of the battery) on the cover into the female slots. Nevertheless, the cover is there for cosmetic reasons only and isn't going anywhere anyway since it is retained on the top by the cowling (or whatever it is called) and associated outside air intake plenum that sits immediatley above the battery and below the bottom of the windshield. The battery connections also penetrate the cover on the front of the battery and the cables and connectors also hold the the cover in place.

If you choose to change your battery yourself, make sure you have lots of metric wrenches including a short 7mm socket and ratchet wrench to remove the hex head screws that hold the side of the air plenum and cowling on the side of the engine compartment where the battery sits. And also make sure you have an inch based wrench to remove the battery's cable connections.

The battery fits very snugly in its hole. Changing it isn't like changing the battery on your '57 Chevy. Also, the battery may stick to the bottom of the battery support and you may have to pry carefully to break the bond between the bottom of the battery and its support. You will not be able to move the battery in the slightest until you have broken this bond.

jpettit
11-09-07, 01:21 AM
Try this other thread for more information and dimensions. See:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-forum/t-70653.html

Rod04
11-09-07, 06:15 PM
Thanks for link. Enjoyed reading the thread.

The posters are right about the battery. It is a bit anemic looking and on the small side. So is the hole into which it just barely fits. Must be both a cost cutting and weight cutting move so that the fleet average for gas mileage improves a bit. Thank the good Lord I live in a temperate part of So Calif (hasn't snowed around where I live since the 1930s). Plus, the engine is the V6 which should require a little less current to crank than the V8.

Having the dash mounted CD changer cycle CDs all night for several nights didn't help the battery one bit. Dealer changed out the CD changer on warranty, but I didn't ask for a new battery and they didn't offer.

BTW, my dealer charges about $235 to put in a new Delco Gp 101. My 10 year old son and I did it using the WalMart/Johnson Controls MAXX 78S for $68.28 plus tax and I trust he learned something.

DP Dave
12-20-08, 12:11 AM
After reading some threads I see where non-Delco batteries have been purchased that fit. IE - Auto Zone, Wal-mart, etc.

HOWEVER I do not see the codes for the batteries - can someone help with the numbers so when I go to the store I can request a SPECIFIC battery? If I say it is for a 2005 SRX they will say that they don't carry a battery for the SRX.

Thanks for your help!

King3244
12-20-08, 02:37 PM
Why not just go with the dimensions and amp rating and get a battery that fits within the parameters??

DP Dave
12-20-08, 03:24 PM
Why not just go with the dimensions and amp rating and get a battery that fits within the parameters??

I went into the following retailers websites and none of them listed a battery for the SRX: Sears, Kragen, Auto Zone. I called Costco and they don't carry one that will fit so I took a Forum Members advice and I took the battery to Auto Zone and was able to get a match (almost - just a bit taller) #160592 78-DL 7 Year/84 Month with a free 24 Months Free Replacement $79.99

I did have to trim off a about 1/4" from the bottom of the trim which sits above the battery (not visible unless you stick you head under and look back up). Was easy to do with some tin snips.

:yup:

Larry05
12-20-08, 08:20 PM
I went into the following retailers websites and none of them listed a battery for the SRX: Sears, Kragen, Auto Zone. I called Costco and they don't carry one that will fit so I took a Forum Members advice and I took the battery to Auto Zone and was able to get a match (almost - just a bit taller) #160592 78-DL 7 Year/84 Month with a free 24 Months Free Replacement $79.99

I did have to trim off a about 1/4" from the bottom of the trim which sits above the battery (not visible unless you stick you head under and look back up). Was easy to do with some tin snips.

:yup:
This is what you want to do to replace a battery. GM could have spec'd a more standard battery. But no. Hello bankruptcy.

GMJim
12-21-08, 01:55 PM
Larry, You are not a Cadillac owner/enthusiast any more. It's time for you to move on to
http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/, and leave this forum to those who support
America.

King3244
12-22-08, 02:37 PM
Yes....scoot along now!

Larry05
12-23-08, 03:13 PM
Larry, You are not a Cadillac owner/enthusiast any more. It's time for you to move on to
http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/, and leave this forum to those who support
America.
Hecho en Mexico.

Larry05
12-23-08, 03:16 PM
Yes....scoot along now!
Nah, its too much fun pulling all of your chains.

Love to read about all the problems with the SRX.

GMJim
12-23-08, 08:50 PM

Ditto:
http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showforum=97

Merry Christmas anyway

Rolex
01-02-09, 12:32 PM

http://www.cadillacforums.com/agreement.html :rules:

No bombing forums or threads with pointless posts.

If you don't have something positive to contribute to threads then why post at all? I agree with the others here, and won't tolerate you trashing people's threads for fun.

skip148
01-07-09, 06:21 PM
Walmart sells Everstart Maxx ....78N or 78S for $72.97. It is slightly larger than original Delco 101, but it fits with just a little effort and you can still put the battery cover over it. It works great .....just put one in my SRX today.

conedoctor
01-13-09, 07:22 PM
Go to dealer or delco dealer ask for group 101, pay for it install and enjoy :)

The hassle is not worth it to me nor is saving a few dollars, it is a Cadillac not a Chevy.

conedoctor
01-14-09, 12:10 PM

And a broken down dead battery SRX still looks better than a good running RX so I will keep my SRX :)

I had my battery changed for free by the dealer at 4 years, but even to buy one it was only like $120.

Kipp
01-20-09, 04:03 PM
Costco's Grous size 78 (sidepost) fits perfect. 800 CCA, $68.00. Put it in this AM.

Kipp
01-21-09, 01:07 PM
Here is the pic

OakSRX04
01-21-09, 01:37 PM
Does the cover still fit with this new battery??

Kipp
01-21-09, 02:52 PM
The cover would probably fit if I slid it on but I think its worthless, the cover is made out of pratically nothing, when I took it off I laughed. If it dosen't fit and you would like it you could slice it down the side and stitch some velcro tabs on it.
For the larger batt, me personally.....I would throw the cover out for the $112 difference.

For about $35 bucks you can buy a real battery blanket, one that has a plug to actually warm the batt. You can even find a better material to wrap the battery. Just remove it and you will see what I mean. I've never "wrapped" ant of my car batterys and never had any out of the norm problems. They probably wrapped it for the colder climate cars considering the low CCA's the stock batt has.

threewin
01-30-09, 03:02 PM
I replaced my battery today after much research. I decided to get an OPTIMA Red Top at Advance Auto for $148.00 plus core charge of $12.00. In case anyone else wants to go with this one, the numbers are 8078-109, this has NO top posts, side post only. It slipped right in with the handle on, no problem. As far as the cover it would have fit but I could not see where it was doing any good.

Kipp
02-09-09, 02:20 AM
I replaced my battery today after much research. I decided to get an OPTIMA Red Top at Advance Auto for $148.00 plus core charge of $12.00. In case anyone else wants to go with this one, the numbers are 8078-109, this has NO top posts, side post only. It slipped right in with the handle on, no problem. As far as the cover it would have fit but I could not see where it was doing any good.

More than twice the cost of the above. What was the warranty?

z32drifter
02-14-09, 08:38 PM
More than twice the cost of the above. What was the warranty?

Optimas have a 3yr free replacement warranty and are prorated after that. I have them in both my other cars. No corrosion,leaking,ect is the biggest draw for me. They just replaced the one in my daily driver, it was about 2.5yrs old. I bought the first one for my toy/track car and it lasted about 6yrs. I bought the first one for my daily driver in 99 and have not had one last more than 3yrs in that car. I have had to replace them every few years but can't complain since they are free.

drjothen
07-11-11, 02:56 PM
Picked up a battery for the wife's 05 SRX and saw a post on Consumer Reports where some guy said you had to wait one hour before hooking up the new battery or you would fry some of the electronics. I have never heard of anything like that. Any of you?:cookoo:

Kipp
07-30-11, 04:01 PM
Costco's Grous size 78 (sidepost) fits perfect. 800 CCA, $68.00. Put it in this AM.

update, battery still going

SLCLK500
08-16-11, 10:47 AM
I found this thread with a search and put in a Group 78 in my 2006 SRX this weekend when the original GM Group 101 died. It fit the area with no problems, no cutting, the handle strap fits under the plastic cowl, the CCA of the $89 Group 78 I got from Walmart is the same as the OEM (650 CCA), the positive and negative terminals are on the correct side and the battery blanket will fit back on. I left the blanket off as I suspect that the blanket probably helped the battery die as with 40 days over 100 degrees in a row here in Dallas, I don't think a battery blanket is necessary at this time. The service guy at Walmart looked in the book and asked if the battery went under the rear seat (the Group 101 is vented) and told me that they did not have a battery for a SRX, but the 78 would fit, but if I have a problem and need to bring it back in the 3 year free replacement period, to tell them it was in a Chevy Tahoe. The cheapest Group 101 I found was at O'Rielly's for $139. The only thing I had to reset when reconnecting the battery (I do not have memery seats or pedals) was the clock - which I did have to pull out the manual and find the instructions on page 3-81.

dctex99
05-16-12, 10:38 PM
I did the same last summer; working great better battery than Cadillac, less money!!!

Come say Hi to Larry sometime; he is on www.clublexus.com in case you are wondering!

Kipp
05-17-12, 05:18 PM
I found this thread with a search and put in a Group 78 in my 2006 SRX this weekend when the original GM Group 101 died. It fit the area with no problems, no cutting, the handle strap fits under the plastic cowl, the CCA of the $89 Group 78 I got from Walmart is the same as the OEM (650 CCA.

Costco's Group size 78 (sidepost) fits perfect. 800 CCA, $68.00 at the time I purchased it
Jan 09 and still running
to me a 650cca is underpowered

Lindsball1
08-17-12, 10:57 AM
I have a 2006 SRX v6. I've been reading that the 78 series battery will work just fine instead of the 101 series. Anyone have good luck with the 78 in their srx??

allroadusa
08-17-12, 03:49 PM
This is what I did, and it fitted just fine in the blanket. No hassle.

dredd2099
08-17-12, 07:22 PM
+1
costco battery ftw

ctzl
08-17-12, 10:02 PM
I have a 2006 srx too. My question is, how to tell it needs to change the battery? thanks in advance.

G32006SRX
08-17-12, 10:55 PM
I have a 2006 srx too. My question is, how to tell it needs to change the battery? thanks in advance.

When I took mine (2006) to the dealer for a coolant and tranny flush they were amazed I still had the original battery. I could tell it getting sluggish. I had them change it.

Cadillac Cust Svc
08-18-12, 09:33 PM

One thing you can do, ctzl, is check the Battery Voltage under the Vehicle Information Menu. To access this menu, press the up or down arrow on
the INFO switch located to the right of the display with the ignition ON. Select "BATTERY VOLTS" and the current battery voltage is displayed. If the voltage is in the normal range, the display will have OK after it. For example, the display may read 13.2 BATTERY VOLTS OK. If there is a problem with the battery charging system, there are four possible DIC messages that may be displayed (see DIC Warnings and Messages on
page 3-57 for more information).

Hope this is helpful!
Sarah (Assisting Katie)
Cadillac Customer Service

Dale Oftelie
08-19-12, 07:59 PM
I have a 2006 SRX v6. I've been reading that the 78 series battery will work just fine instead of the 101 series. Anyone have good luck with the 78 in their srx??

Go with the high buck battery- you'll have problems otherwise. SKIN

marcwsu
08-22-12, 04:23 PM

I have to disagree.. I haven't read of any problems related to a series 78 battery in these cars... if you could give examples?

I have had a series 78 battery from Costco- Kirkland signature (made by Johnson Controls) battery for about 1.5 years with no problems. It has a higher CCA which is great for us cold weather states and everything else is the same. The only thing I had to do was underneath the cowl is this insignificant plastic tab that I trimmed off... battery fit like a glove.

conedoctor
08-22-12, 04:44 PM
Define high buck, please don't say Optima.

69 Camaro
08-23-12, 12:10 AM

Your big box stores have a reasonably priced battery that will work just fine. Don't get talked into a high dollar battery. You should be able to get their best battery for well under $100. Just take the measurements of your battery in and compare sizes. If they want to charge you for installing it, do it yourself.

G32006SRX
08-23-12, 12:22 PM
Your big box stores have a reasonably priced battery that will work just fine. Don't get talked into a high dollar battery. You should be able to get their best battery for well under $100. Just take the measurements of your battery in and compare sizes. If they want to charge you for installing it, do it yourself.

I went with the Delco battery.

pilot188
08-24-12, 07:04 PM
Define high buck, please don't say Optima.

I have a optima and they work well even in cold condition like last winter -25C. Immediatly start, no problem at all
Is the yellow one

Kauai 1
08-26-12, 10:34 PM
In my climate (hot) and lots of stop-and-start driving, the original series 101 batteries did not last. I converted to a series 78 from Costco after the original warranty expired, and it keeps going and going........... The original battery was a big mistake on GM's part; its specs and price are rediculous!

azblksrx
09-01-12, 05:31 AM
Our original delco 101 battery just went on the 06. Went with the 78-dlg duralast gold from AZ and it fitted perfectly. Didn't even have to remove the handle and managed to slip the insulator back on to make it look just like stock. The 800cca is also a nice upgrade from the 650cca and of course price. Just a fyi for anyone looking for an alternative solution.

nascarnation
02-07-13, 03:09 PM
Thanks for the info guys.
Saved me 60 bucks or so.
I used a NAPA group 78 in my 2004 V6. It's about 9/16 inch higher than the OEM size batt.

Trimmed a bit off a protrusion on the bottom of the plastic ledge above battery (easy with a reciprocating saw) and fits fine including the cover.
FWIW the cover is actually heat insulation, or an attempt at such. High temps are actually worse on batt life than cold.

Kipp
03-19-13, 05:13 PM

This is nonsense --

I put a costco group sz 78 in Jan of 09 for wait........$68.00. I have the sound pkg, nav, 3rd row and everything else. Still running.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-srx-first-generation-forum-2004/157132-srx-battery-replacement-2005-v6.html#post2970322

ralvarad
07-02-13, 10:30 PM
I just got the Maxx-78N from Walmart (Canada). Battery was $107.97 + $19 install. The only reason that I did not do the install myself was based on the fact that I had no access to a battery saver (back up battery connected through lighter). This device prevented the complete loss of power and the subsequent looking for codes to unlock radio, Nav, etc... BTW the battery blanket also was installed so it is a prefect fit. I have a 2007 SRX V6 AWD. Hope that this information will save you the time looking for compatible batteries. Good luck to all!

Rod04
07-26-13, 01:04 AM
I have a 2006 srx too. My question is, how to tell it needs to change the battery? thanks in advance.You'll know. It discharges quickly. You'll need to use jumper cables without apparent reason. And your old battery probably is over 3 1/2 yrs old.

BTW There is a top of the line Walmart MAXX group 78. It fits tightly and has the same front post. And it is considerably more reasonable. I bought one several yrs ago an it gave good service of a little over 4 yrs. I replaced it w/ another Walmart battery. The battery is mfg by Johnson controls.

gcaracciolo24
08-14-13, 05:17 PM
My 2006 SRX has 124k miles and I am about to purchase my third battery. I don't think I have purchased three batteries for all the cars I have had in my lifetime. Seems like Cadillac should compensate us for the defects in this battery.:tisk:

repnatl
08-14-13, 05:34 PM
If you want to spend the money the 34-78 red top optima has worked great for over 2 years in Texas with 105 degree temps.

SFVetteman
08-14-13, 06:09 PM
My 2009 that was purchased in Dec. of '08 still has the original battery. Sounds like the fickle finger of fate may have it in for you. You might want to try a group 78 made by another company and see if that can change your luck. It would at least save you some money. By the way the original batteries are from ACDelco, an independent company and carry their own warranty.

Bill

SFVetteman
08-15-13, 05:12 AM
If you want to spend the money the 34-78 red top optima has worked great for over 2 years in Texas with 105 degree temps.I have a red top Optima in my '99 Vette. 10 years old and still strong.

Bill

n7don_srx
08-15-13, 07:20 AM
I just got the Maxx-78N from Walmart (Canada). Battery was $107.97 + $19 install. The only reason that I did not do the install myself was based on the fact that I had no access to a battery saver (back up battery connected through lighter). This device prevented the complete loss of power and the subsequent looking for codes to unlock radio, Nav, etc... BTW the battery blanket also was installed so it is a prefect fit. I have a 2007 SRX V6 AWD. Hope that this information will save you the time looking for compatible batteries. Good luck to all!
Interesting... I've had the battery out several times in my 07 and never had to reset or do anything special to unlock the radio. The radio's operation is integrated with the vehicle's VIN for security and an unlocking code wasn't needed. At least not in my case.

repnatl
08-15-13, 12:31 PM
I have a red top Optima in my '99 Vette. 10 years old and still strong.

Bill

Yeah my last optima lasted 11 years in 3 different cars and through 2 deployments only jumped off once. Definitely worth the money.

Cadillac Cust Svc
08-15-13, 01:24 PM
My 2006 SRX has 124k miles and I am about to purchase my third battery. I don't think I have purchased three batteries for all the cars I have had in my lifetime. Seems like Cadillac should compensate us for the defects in this battery.:tisk:

Hello gcaracciolo24,

Welcome to the forum! I am sorry you are about to replace your battery for a third time. I would like to further discuss this issue with you. Please reach out to me via private message so we can interact. Gregory W. and myself monitor Cadillac forums and are here to assist with concerns and questions. We can be contacted via private message or by Email at socialmedia@gm.com.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

ATM
10-06-13, 08:28 AM
I have a 2004 SRX that I bought new in Oct '04 and it still has the original battery. I know I should start thinking about replacing it but now I want to see how long it will last.

Bobanna
10-06-13, 02:17 PM
Group 78 (highest cca you can find for the money) -- they fit easily, are cheaper, and provide a lot more power. The "insulation" wrap will fit (I left it off), but I'm not sure what it contributes. The group 101 is expensive, small and wimpy ( I didn't have problems with it until it got old). Everstart 78N at Wal-Mart was less than $100 and has a reasonable warranty. Good luck and God bless.

mjcaddy
10-10-13, 08:18 PM
Sorry to dig up this very old thread but i have something to add here, the S and the N means South and North, so if you live in the northern US/Canada you'll get N and S if you live in the south, the difference is the N batteries are designed for cold climates and the other way around S for hot climates.

ATM
11-30-13, 02:24 PM
Battery finally died today - 9 years and 1 month after I bought the car!

I went with the MAXX 74N from WalMart. It fit well but I had to cut off some of the plastic nub on the bot
tom of the cowling above the battery.

I have a 2004 SRX that I bought new in Oct '04 and it still has the original battery. I know I should start thinking about replacing it but now I want to see how long it will last.

Kipp
12-14-13, 11:53 PM
Here is the pic

Battery finally died -- Had a few 10 degree days that put it to its end -- 1 month shy of 5 years and after spending the $68 for the first one Costco prorated it and gave me about $48 back. 100 month warranty -- Replaced it with the same. This time it was $85.00 for the new one.

05 v8

silversport
12-15-13, 08:04 AM
sounds like that Costco battery gave you good service...thanks for the info in this thread...

Bill

ray29
08-19-14, 05:18 PM
I have a 2007 SRX & am already on my 3rd battery. This has been a nightmare problem from the first few months I owned the car. Now my dealer says it may be a starter issue, though when it's jumped it starts. If I take a mall trip & restart after a few minutes the battery has an issue. A cold start seems to be fine.

glake89
08-19-14, 06:03 PM
Need to go over ground connections and pos. connection at starter and starter bolts to engine. Remember back when heat killed starters on Chevy small blocks and a heat shield was needed. Is yours a 6 or 8?

Bobanna
08-21-14, 09:56 AM

Really? Group 78 from Wally-world for way over a year...absolutely no problems, and an extra 150 CCA at half the cost. If there are "problems", I don't see them.

MidnightOil
10-14-15, 07:43 PM
I wish to express my gratitude. I purchased the 78s and it fit. A little taller than the 101, it worked out well. It cost half the price of the 101.

08SRX
10-18-15, 08:49 PM
I also put in a MAAX 78S from Walmart last year and it has worked very well. It was a tight fit, but does go in. Although I remember squeezing a couple of finger tips as the battery slid into the hole. OUCH! :)

Ranger007
10-19-15, 01:52 PM
I installed a MAAX Group H6 from WalMart in our 2008. No problem, fit fine. Years ago I began looking at physical size (will it fit?), CCA and free replacement period, not necessarily the recommended group size. I was lucky that when I had 2 Buicks (LeSabre and Lucerne) I never had to pay to replace the battery located under the back seat.

DAYTONA426
05-29-16, 04:14 PM
We are on our fourth group 101 Delco battery replaced here in southern Nevada where batteries typically last 3 years at best. I have been told Phoenix is harder on batteries because of heat but I can't verify that. Anyway, because I have always had our 05 SRX serviced at the Cadillac dealer we bought it at, and we have had the required maintenance done, we haven't paid for any of the replacements. The most recently replaced battery was swapped out this month. Is it because the car has 60K miles on it? I don't know. Maybe we're just fortunate to have our dealer treat us fairly. Yes, it is important to have the insulator on the battery! Replace it when it disintegrates, it's $30.

Vroom_vroom
05-29-16, 05:37 PM
I replace mine every three years religiously the heat out hear kills them and they go all at once. The 101 is what the v was supposed to have and I just put a new group 78 interstate in there with no issues.

Just noticed the above poster was in Vegas as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk