: how to remove license plate

natrotciv
09-27-07, 01:49 PM
does anyone have input or experience that they can share about this?
i have an '05 and absolutely hate the front plate even when i put a
chrome cover plate on it. thanks

GMJim
09-28-07, 06:10 AM
does anyone have input or experience that they can share about this?
i have an '05 and absolutely hate the front plate even when i put a
chrome cover plate on it. thanks

4 holes are drill into the fascia. Then rivets are used to hold the brkt on. You can remove the lic plate brkt, but the four holes will be exposed. I am glad Michigan doesn't require a front plate. I hate it as well.

TSS
09-28-07, 10:38 AM
Someone is currently selling 4 used black plugs from a CTS to fill the holes in classifieds. I would grab them if your SRX is black. I would think they would fit.

If not black, then you can order some from the place cited in the ad.

My 07 escalade came w. a bracket, even though I don't need a front plate (it was a dealer to dealer trade located with a dealer out of state). I refused delivery. They had to remove the bracket, fill in and repaint front bumper fascia. I would not accept holes, plugs, or the additional credit they were willing to give me. I know how you feel.

natrotciv
09-29-07, 10:59 PM
damn it. thanks guys. eww 4 holes? thats nasty

BMBLBEE
09-30-07, 07:53 AM
I pulled the bracket off my wife's 07 and found some small (1/4 inch head) "pine tree" plugs at a local auto parts store. Painted them silver with some GM touch up paint (the brush on chip repair bottle) and while visible if you look closely it's a much better look than the plate bracket.

Bob