: Help with Audio In and Blackberry Bluetooth on a 2006 V8

ajmasala
09-26-07, 12:39 AM
I am looking at a used 2006 STS V8 with 1SG - I had a question regarding the audio/video inputs in the arm rest console - Can one hook up an ipod or similar mp3 player to play through the car's audio system - The sales person at the dealership thinks that you can only hook up a video device - such as a camcorder - which would play through the navigation screen. He seemed to think that the ability to hook up an mp3 player only became available 07 onwards.

Also, anybody like to share their experience using a Blackberry (Pearl or other) with the bluetooth hook up in an 06 STS. Is the BT connection reliable and the audio quality acceptable ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

MARKVIII
09-26-07, 08:04 AM
You Can Hook Up Mp3 Device.. I Use My Ipod All The Time.

thefred
09-26-07, 08:27 PM
The bluetooth is rather particular and I know that the Blackberry is NOT one of the three phones Denso (the manufacturer of the units) says will work. It might work, but then it might not. Try doing a seearch in this forum for bluetooth. We had had some lenghty threads about whose phones work and whose do not. But, if you do get it to connect, the quality is pretty good. Good luck!

jgrade
09-27-07, 09:26 AM
The dealer is an idiot. Doesn't surprise me at all. I had to explain to my salesman how to use the nav, he had no idea. The inputs in the center console work for ANY device delivering audio and/or video. The only issue is that video will black out when the car is out of park. How does he explain the existence of the jacks if the feature does not work on the 06 model? Again a complete moron. Stop listening to the sales guy and post more questions here.

Skibanker
09-27-07, 01:33 PM
My Blackberry works flawlessly in my '06. The Palm fails repeatedly.

jgrade
09-27-07, 03:21 PM
I don't think the OP cares about BT. He was asking about the AV connections in the center console.

ajmasala
09-27-07, 04:03 PM
Thanks for all your inputs - regarding both the audio in and the BT hookup with a Blackberry.

I found some really useful information on this forum - and i also have to comment on the general civility of the discussions, unlike a few other I frequent..

Who says there is nothing good on the internet :-)

THANKS..

dhemrick
09-28-07, 03:53 PM
I purchased a $3 cable from Radio Shack that has a standard stereo headphone jack on one end and left and right (white and red) RCA plugs on the other end. It works great with my Ipod. Since there is no video source, it will just show a blank screen which is fine since it blanks out when driving anyway.

PTC Sclade
09-29-07, 09:41 PM
Does anyone have experience with the Blackjack or Blackberry in the 05 STS?