: 04 SRX V8 ECM question

JD2004
09-23-07, 10:35 PM
Ive just bought a 2004 SRX originally sold in CA.
I have a feeling that its not as fast as it should be, considering the 320hp under the hood. Can the ECM have something to do with this? What can I do? Will reflashing it at a dealership here in CO do any good?

All replys are appreciated!

sgilbert
09-23-07, 11:07 PM
I doubt. Most, if not all, cars these days are 50 state compliant.

Was it formerly owned by "A little old lady from Pasadena"? :)

Won't hurt, however, to have your dealership check it out.

JD2004
09-24-07, 01:31 AM
Thanks for the reply. Do you know if my dealer here in CO can access the record with all previous work done on the car at different dealerships just by plotting in the VIN? I asked to get a copy of the record, but was told they couldn`t access it...

john d
09-24-07, 02:23 AM
Thanks for the reply. Do you know if my dealer here in CO can access the record with all previous work done on the car at different dealerships just by plotting in the VIN? I asked to get a copy of the record, but was told they couldn`t access it...
Makes me think it's a "Buy Back" and it's records have been sealed or purged.
If your 0-60 is over 7 sec. it's a CA reflash...like mine.
If a CO dealer can reflash back to factory new settings let me know...I'll bring mine over.
Check this link for details.
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-srx-forum/

JD2004
09-24-07, 08:02 PM
Makes me think it's a "Buy Back" and it's records have been sealed or purged.
If your 0-60 is over 7 sec. it's a CA reflash...like mine.
If a CO dealer can reflash back to factory new settings let me know...I'll bring mine over.
Check this link for details.
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-srx-forum/

To John d
Ill ask them the next time I have it in for service. Wont be to long. Ive read your post about the ECM module. Im gonna try to make a 0-60 test to find out if it really is much slower than its suppose to be. You have my deepest sympathy regarding your srx performance and GM.

JD2004
09-27-07, 02:21 AM
Is an indicator of the bad ecm reflash that I feel a much stronger boost from the engine when I pass 3500rpms under full trottle? the boost is almost like when a turbo kicks in....thanks for all previous replys!

john d
09-27-07, 02:27 AM
Is an indicator of the bad ecm reflash that I feel a much stronger boost from the engine when I pass 3500rpms under full trottle? the boost is almost like when a turbo kicks in....thanks for all previous replys!
Yep, that's the way it works.
The throttle plate via throttle by wire and the ecm delay the WOT until 3500rpm or so and then slams wide open.

dkozloski
09-27-07, 12:52 PM
The lowest place in Colorado is higher than the highest highway in Alaska. Just being in Colorado is going to give you about a 20% power loss because of the reduced density of the air. If you want California power, you'll have to move there. Back in the carburetor days, manufacturers used to supply "Denver" cars with a leaner mixture setting to compensate for the thin air.

john d
09-27-07, 03:15 PM
The lowest place in Colorado is higher than the highest highway in Alaska. Just being in Colorado is going to give you about a 20% power loss because of the reduced density of the air. If you want California power, you'll have to move there. Back in the carburetor days, manufacturers used to supply "Denver" cars with a leaner mixture setting to compensate for the thin air.
You'll remember too, that in the 50's service stations at the base of the mountain range would richen the "flatlander" travelers carbs for free by turning the mixture screw outward to richen the mixture and even adjust the timing on some engines for the trip over the top. Of course when returning to "flat land" the adjustment needed to be reversed.
However, I'd hope the SRX had integrated an altitude compensator to do those things via computer.
My much loved but long laid to rest 84 300ZX Turbo 5 speed T-Top had that feature.
ewill3rd, would you confirm or deny for us?