: kids smashed my sideview mirrors.

Gwokable
09-23-07, 01:24 PM
They had to use a crowbar or something; those things are bolted down and are made of 1/4th inch thick steel. Only the outer casings are cracked to hell. I made a police report from it but that won't help me replace them.

Anyone know of quick fix for a situation like this until I can hit a junkyard and snag some new ones?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
09-23-07, 01:39 PM
Damn kids! Do you have any pictures so we can further assess the damage and figure what the next move would be?

Do you park on the street or what?

Cadillacboy
09-23-07, 02:41 PM
****ing bastards !
@#$%^&**(^%$##$$###

Cadillac Giovanni
09-23-07, 03:55 PM
if you need to replace the mirror glass, they sell some cheap stuff you can cut to the right shape at places like auto zone, but it's total crap. everything is all blurry and distorted. the best thing you can do is just get a new mirror as soon as possible.

Gwokable
09-23-07, 05:21 PM
Here's a pic; the glass is fine; they nailed the covers. As I said before it's 1/6th or 1/4th inch thick steel; they really had to do a job to break them. I'm going to go later tonight and see if auto zone has some generic replacements I can use in the meantime.

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/3141/img072ya9.th.jpg

My mistake was parking on next to the crosswalk by my grandma's house. The kids like to walk by there. Not too long ago they smashed everyone's windshields and windows so I don't think I'll be parking in the same spot again for a long while until I get a security system with a train horn attached.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
09-23-07, 06:29 PM
Yeah, good idea. As a general rule, no matter what I'm driving, I like to park as far away as possible from all pedestrian traffic, whether it be a street, sidewalk or crosswalk, or what have you.

My_favorite_Brougham
09-24-07, 11:24 AM
Yeah, good idea. As a general rule, no matter what I'm driving, I like to park as far away as possible from all pedestrian traffic, whether it be a street, sidewalk or crosswalk, or what have you.

Yeah I always park as far away from anything and everything as possible. One time when I was downtown, I had to park it on a meter. The family was going in to a restaurant, and I insisted we sit in the booth with direct eye-contact to the Caddy. Didn't leave my sight once. Those were the back alleys of downtown Fort Worth at night. Yikes!

MadCaddie69
09-24-07, 07:20 PM
If it were me and I had caught those little pricks, I'd be in jail!

Wheelman322
09-25-07, 09:53 PM
If it were me and I had caught those little pricks, I'd be in jail!

I'm sure most here feel the same way. I watch my cars all night long when i'm home. I actually watch every car that comes down my street. I've been doing that for a long time and now that I work the evening shift at work i'm up till 5-6 a.m every night anyway. I also have cameras all over the place watching when I can't....My only worry is if someone nails one when i'm parked elsewhere.

gregors29
09-27-07, 06:36 PM
I hope you can find replacement mirrors for the old Caddy! They are expensive at a junk yard....