: HELP ME!!!! What is the difference between ECON and Auto

gotthavecaddi
09-23-07, 01:46 AM
I have a question what is the difference between econ and the auto setting? I have 1994 concours and I also want to know what the best setting to use when your car is having overheating problems. (to keep the engine cooler) Please Help Quick! :banghead: Thanks!

clarkz71
09-23-07, 08:50 AM
In econ mode there is no a/c compressor, in auto mode the compressor runs.

You have to try both ways, the fans run in auto mode so it's possible
it might run cooler. On the other hand the condensor is heating up as
well. Could go either way. On a car with no problems, generally it will
run cooler.

caddydaddy
09-23-07, 09:03 AM
If the car is having overheating problems, get that fixed before you drive it any more!

MM STS
09-23-07, 10:07 AM
If the car is having overheating problems, get that fixed before you drive it any more!

See posts on Head Gasket replacement usually caused by overheating. Mike

Ranger
09-23-07, 05:15 PM
Think of ECON as a compressor shut off switch. Other than using the compressor, the two modes operate exactly the same.

gotthavecaddi
09-24-07, 05:15 AM
thanks it was driving me crazy not knowing what the difference between these 2 settings were

gotthavecaddi
09-24-07, 05:19 AM

:rolleyes:Thats obvious but with only 1 car this is not an option, need to get back and forth to work to get paid to buy parts so hubby can fix it. So was in search of the best quick fix. Unless you have a car I can use until then :histeric: Just kidding

codewize
09-25-07, 12:44 AM
It's never a good time to give up a car when you have things to do, HOWEVER driving it with that condition is going to end up costing you twice as much to fix it in the end and may result in finding a new engine rather than repairing.

Overheating a N* is nothing to fool with.

And I don't know what hubby does for a living but if your dealing with a head gasket repair he's probably not going to be able to do the job.