Cadillac Owners Forum banner

jensen 9021ts install questions

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  7tcutty 
#1 ·
Hi all well ive got the HU in the title 9021ts jensen. i want to install this into my 01 DHS but i also want to be able to still use the steering wheel controls could someone tell me what is the correct adapter to use for this feature. everyone i see says kenwood,pioneer, jvc, sony on them.. I plan on useing thie deck to the max tv tuner,ipod,nav ect ect.. somone should build an adapter to buy pass the bose amp. then i would just buy a big 5 channel amp and have surround sound. that would be HOTTT..

ALSO what other adapters (and part numbers) will i need for this swap

thanks again so much

#3 ·
not to rain on your parade, but why would you put such a low end piece of equipment in an elegant vehicle. i understand you want all the bells and whistles. i am sure all would agree that if you can afford the vehicle you can afford some reall equipment. by the way there is all kinds of bypass harnesses available. since you are wanting nice clean sound with 5.1 you will need to get some good equipment. the output voltage on your jensen unit is very low. go to your local car stereo shop and get some advice. if you would like to learn more feel free to email me at dcs88@netscape.net

#6 ·
not sure why your are slamming on the jensen unit. but hey thats your peragative. what head unit do you have on your car? and which one could i purchase that has "all the bells and whistles" with good preamp voltage my local stereo shop are not any good around here.

#8 ·
ill check into one of them also. i need another double din for my roadmaster. i was going to use a flip out but i just am not that fond of them.. the lac is my daily so it wont get all fancied up.. the buick is like a toy now so i can do what ever with that.. looking at head rest screens and a nice system. i peiced together the system i had in the roadie and was very clean and loud. sounded great. but that bose system in this lac is horrible to say the least..
thanks for the tips
kjw

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.