: ELROY....The new kid on the block

ELROY
09-21-07, 01:34 AM
I have a 2005 STS V8 1SG fully loaded. Can anyone tell me if the STS-V series hood will directly replace my flat hood without modification? I asked at the dealer, and the parts guy gave me two numbers for hoods. The first number is 25772757 and hood number two is 25724781. Both hoods are from GM. Can anyone tell me if either of these hoods are made of fiberglass? I would much rather have steel if it will be a direct bolt on. I also will be installing an E & G Classic "mesh" grill made for my car with ACC. If anyone out there can help me out with either of these part numbers, you would make my day! Thanks....Elroy:)

thefred
09-21-07, 09:29 AM
Elroy,

Check with Luke at Lindsay Cadillac. They're a vendor here on the forums and I'm sure would be glad to help.

STScadillac99
09-22-07, 11:11 AM
YES, the V hood is a direct bolt on. YES it is composite material (fiberglass / SMC). you will need 3 pieces: 1)the hood, 2)the chrome strip on the front edge (the flat hood chrome strip is slightly different, wont fit) and 3)you will need the underhood insulator pad, it is also different. i have done this swap with an E&G grille and it looks awesome. see pic attached.

ELROY
09-22-07, 09:52 PM
Hey thanks guys,
I knew that there would be someone out there who could answer my question. Once again, Thanks.....Elroy