: Replacement Tires | Good Year Responsedge

caddishaq
09-21-07, 01:38 AM
After an tiresome search, it seems like I am going to replace my Pilot tires with Good Year Responsedge. Is this a good idea.

I have a '05 v8 -- 18 inch

analogist
09-21-07, 09:51 AM
My original Michelin Pilots in 18" staggered sizes were harsh, poorly handling in rain and snow and had a ton of flats.

Replaced with factory spec staggered size Goodyear Responsedge tires and feel I made the right decesion. Better riding and handling and holds pressure better. Go for them!

analogist

Jim_V
09-21-07, 02:15 PM
Installed Goodyear Responsedge tires in July and love them. I went for the larger tires all around so I can rotate them. What can you lose since they come with a 30 day trial period.

PERK
09-21-07, 02:22 PM
Replaced original Pilots at 50K with Eagle R-Edge 255/55-18 all around..
Sounded like off road Mud Boggers at around 50 to 60 MPH..
Tried rebalance and alignment with no change..
Discount tire replaced them at 3000 miles..
The Bogger sound pretty much went away , however I do find them to be a little bit noisier over all than the Pilots , but I really like the handling and the ride is the same..
I believe they were about $850 tax and all out the door with the premium warranty.. Best of luck...Perk

caddishaq
09-22-07, 01:17 AM
thanks for the comments.

Right now I am waiting for the tires to come in. Having them replaced at sears. They price matched discount tires.

Stupid question...anything special need to be done with the tire pressure monitoring system?

Smokin' SRX
09-24-07, 01:46 PM
thanks for the comments.

Right now I am waiting for the tires to come in. Having them replaced at sears. They price matched discount tires.

Stupid question...anything special need to be done with the tire pressure monitoring system?

Just FYI.....................I went 255/18 allaround!! (that's the OEM rear size!) Went Dunlap 5000 Sport Symetrical in "H" rating for a little softer ride @ $165 PER. The "H" means that I can only do 130 MPH instead of OEM "V" rating doing 145MPH!! :crybaby:

BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL!! Mavis.com

caddishaq
09-25-07, 12:10 AM
just had the responseedge tires installed. I felt an immediate difference in the turning. These were a great deal -- $704 out the door. Great service too.

The only problem was that the tires needed to be ordered.

MortnCyn
09-25-07, 09:59 AM
thanks for the comments.

Stupid question...anything special need to be done with the tire pressure monitoring system?After new tires mounted you will have to reset the tire pressure monitor. Saved the attached in the event I need to have tires replaced.

robhersch
09-25-07, 04:07 PM
After new tires mounted you will have to reset the tire pressure monitor. Saved the attached in the event I need to have tires replaced.

Sounds like a memo to retain, but somehow I cannot open it.
robhersch

john d
09-25-07, 05:18 PM
After new tires mounted you will have to reset the tire pressure monitor. Saved the attached in the event I need to have tires replaced.
Here's something else to "retain".
Had front tires replaced and didn't notice until a week or so later when I washed the car that there are grooves cut all the way around the face of the rims outer edge on both front wheels.
Figured out that the balance weights weren't removed before the rotating bead breaker was spun. The bar must have engaged/caught the weight clip and pushed it full circle while the weights leading edge bit into the polished aluminum.
Lesson: Be sure weights are removed prior to dismounting tire.

smithb
09-26-07, 10:51 PM
I just got back from Sam's with my Responsedge tires. They definitely handle better but have a harsher ride. I prefer a smoother ride of the OEM tires, but they were quite a bit more money. They were slightly noiser, but it was more that every bump came through the chassis and steering wheel, so you could hear them.

john d
09-26-07, 11:10 PM
I just got back from Sam's with my Responsedge tires. They definitely handle better but have a harsher ride. I prefer a smoother ride of the OEM tires, but they were quite a bit more money. They were slightly noiser, but it was more that every bump came through the chassis and steering wheel, so you could hear them.
Sounds like they may be over inflated.
Use the door plate recommendations not the sidewall.

Fyreman235
09-27-07, 06:37 PM
I replaced my 18's with the Responsedge (staggered). I also feel that the ride is slightly harsher than the original Michelins.

DG2
09-30-07, 11:52 PM
I also have installled the Goodyear Response Edge on my SRX. At first I thought the ride was much more harsh then my Micheliens but I soon checked the tire pressure and they had them at 40 psi ! I lowered the psi to the normal 32 as per Cadillac recommendation and do indeed find the ride much better then the mich. I also was about to repalce the front mich for the 3rd time so I am hoping that the Response Edge will wear longer...

Jim_V
10-01-07, 01:39 PM
Mine were installed with higher than normal pressure and the ride was harsh as well. Once adjusted properly they rode nice. When ever you get new tires and hand out all that money you are expecting a dream ride. The Cadillac dealer always adjusted my tires to 30/32 whenever I had my car serviced. When you leave the ride feels much better.

Permnico
10-02-07, 02:16 PM
Y'all ever hear of "The Princess and the Pea"? Never knew there were sooo many princesses amongst my fellow SRX owners. I also just switched to new GY RE's. Nice, replcement for the OEM Michelins. And the extra $200 bucks gets me (4) fill-ups too!

coati
10-02-07, 02:36 PM
I have an '06 STS & recently changed tires from the OEM Michelin MXMM Pilots (staggered 18" front & rear) to Goodyear ResponsEdge 255/45/18's all the way around.
I too noticed that initially was ride was harsher than the Michelins w/tire inflation rate set at around 30-32psi.
After approximately 1000 miles on them, the ride seems to have smoothed out & is much better now.
I think you need to be patient & "break-em-in".
They are an award winning tire & are a great value for the money IMO.
The grip, handling & braking is definitely better now!:)

MortnCyn
10-02-07, 02:48 PM
Y'all ever hear of "The Princess and the Pea"? Never knew there were sooo many princesses amongst my fellow SRX owners......Just ask my wife! I am the canary in a coalmine as well. Just got an '07 N* with MRC with 8000 miles. Just drove 400 miles and no feelings pro or con yet re the Pilot HX MXM 4 tires.