: 93 STS Northstar won't start

afroman981
09-20-07, 07:46 PM
I just bought a 93 STS northstar about two weeks ago and everything was running fine for about a week. A couple days ago the "low oil pressure" light came on while driving on the highway...about a minute later, the engine shut off and i coasted to a stop on the side of the road. I started the engine again cuz i was about 100 feet from an off road and it started just fine. But a few seconds later the engine shutoff again and i coasted to a stop. The car no longer starts. When i turn the key i get a single click and then nothing happens. All the electrical things work and such...just the engine won't start....please help. i want my baby back ASAP.

~MENDOZA~

Ranger
09-20-07, 08:02 PM
One possibility is that you REALLY DO have low oil pressure. Another is that your battery voltage has dropped very low due to a dead battery or corroded cable. Pull the DTC's if there is enough voltage.

MM STS
09-20-07, 08:10 PM
I just bought a 93 STS northstar about two weeks ago and everything was running fine for about a week. A couple days ago the "low oil pressure" light came on while driving on the highway...about a minute later, the engine shut off and i coasted to a stop on the side of the road. I started the engine again cuz i was about 100 feet from an off road and it started just fine. But a few seconds later the engine shutoff again and i coasted to a stop. The car no longer starts. When i turn the key i get a single click and then nothing happens. All the electrical things work and such...just the engine won't start....please help. i want my baby back ASAP.

~MENDOZA~

Did you check the oil? The car will shut down to protect itself. Mike

afroman981
09-20-07, 08:33 PM
I checked the oil and it was very low...so i put more in it and still nothing happens...i get the same ol' click when i trn the key...any other suggestions besides the battery cables???

MM STS
09-20-07, 08:43 PM
I checked the oil and it was very low...so i put more in it and still nothing happens...i get the same ol' click when i trn the key...any other suggestions besides the battery cables???

Did you reset the low oil light? Could battery be dead from trying to crank it over? Mike