: Motor build for sand rail

mscatena
09-20-07, 12:23 PM
So I've done a few searches and have only come up with only one CURRENT after market builder

Cadillac Hot Rod Fabricators www.chrfab.com

are there any more???

I've recently pulled a motor from a junk yard and am currently cleaning the block & parts to get a better look at what the motors history is...
So far what I can tell is missing from the motor was
starter
coil packs
harness & ecu
alternator

also does anyone have info on using MSD coil packs & ECU's for a northstar engine?

I am just planning on a strip down rebuild to stock, maybe upgrade cams & intake from CHRF but nothing else.

any advise would be appreciated

Marc

AJxtcman
09-20-07, 01:57 PM
So I've done a few searches and have only come up with only one CURRENT after market builder

Cadillac Hot Rod Fabricators www.chrfab.com

are there any more???

I've recently pulled a motor from a junk yard and am currently cleaning the block & parts to get a better look at what the motors history is...
So far what I can tell is missing from the motor was
starter
coil packs
harness & ecu
alternator

also does anyone have info on using MSD coil packs & ECU's for a northstar engine?

I am just planning on a strip down rebuild to stock, maybe upgrade cams & intake from CHRF but nothing else.

any advise would be appreciated

Marc

I have a very nice 00+ program that would work fine with a manual trans, but you would need a 00+ engine.
I am currently working on a 96 to 99 program with a manual trans. It is under constrution.

mscatena
09-20-07, 04:34 PM
is the program for a stock ecu?

AJxtcman
09-20-07, 09:37 PM
is the program for a stock ecu?

YES :cool2:

eldorado1
09-20-07, 10:19 PM
what year is it? post a pic

mscatena
09-21-07, 05:54 PM
well the goal is to put the motor into this car

Revenge Silencer
http://www.revenge-racing.com/rr/silencer.html
http://www.revenge-racing.com/rr/images/Silencer/pauls_finished_001.jpg

jfreezn
10-13-07, 02:05 AM
I have a very nice 00+ program that would work fine with a manual trans, but you would need a 00+ engine.
I am currently working on a 96 to 99 program with a manual trans. It is under constrution.

A simple question about eliminating the fuel cut on my 94 ETC Northstar engine, currently on a test bench with factory wiring harness and ECM. I have wired a Passlock II into the PCM and the PCM is receiving the appropriate rmf signal of about 3VDC. Yet is refuses to run. I can feed it starting fluid and it fires and runs real clean, so I know the ignition is OK, but the fuel cut is still being enforced by the PCM.

Does ANYONE have a clue whether I can go into the PCM and bypass something? My early Corvette awaits this engine!

Jim in Phoenix

parts68
10-13-07, 08:53 AM
It sounds like the passkeyII still has the PCM injector pulse turned off.
I had same problem with a 94 3.4 swap and found the correct resistance
for the passkey module and wired a resistor into circuit of that value and then it fired.
The passkey II sends out a pulse width modulated signal to the PCM.
Kinda hard to duplicate with out a correctly functioning passkey module.
From what I remember there are 14 values of passkey.Take yours to the dealer
and ask them to read it for the value it needs.

AJxtcman
10-13-07, 10:35 AM
A simple question about eliminating the fuel cut on my 94 ETC Northstar engine, currently on a test bench with factory wiring harness and ECM. I have wired a Passlock II into the PCM and the PCM is receiving the appropriate rmf signal of about 3VDC. Yet is refuses to run. I can feed it starting fluid and it fires and runs real clean, so I know the ignition is OK, but the fuel cut is still being enforced by the PCM.

Does ANYONE have a clue whether I can go into the PCM and bypass something? My early Corvette awaits this engine!

Jim in Phoenix

This system works different. You wired in a Fuel Enable signal correct?
That will not work I think.
I will get back to this with the answer tonight.

zbuickman
10-14-07, 08:58 AM
In order to enable the Injector circuit you need to supply The ECM with a 50Hz 50% dutycycle square wave.You can either buy or build a module to produce this signal or you can use the factory module with a resisto to reproduce this signal.... I suggest to buy or build one do a search on remote starters with PKII. Most remote starter manufacturers offer a PKII module:D

jfreezn
10-15-07, 11:50 AM
In order to enable the Injector circuit you need to supply The ECM with a 50Hz 50% dutycycle square wave.You can either buy or build a module to produce this signal or you can use the factory module with a resisto to reproduce this signal.... I suggest to buy or build one do a search on remote starters with PKII. Most remote starter manufacturers offer a PKII module:D

Thanks for the quick replies, and yes to both of you. I have the passkey II module wired into the ignition and I have identified the correct resistance required to fire the passkey output, which I have metered (but not scoped) and it appears to be sending out a Pulse Width Modulated signal, which in the manual it just says to look for about 3 VDC. The signal comes and goes with the key cycle so it looks right. Still no fuel. My fuel pressure is sufficient that I am getting a return to the tank via the regulator, around 45 PSI on the header.

Side note: This thing really sounds great with the open headers, along side my house. I set fire to a decorative bush when i got too aggressive with the starting fluid!

Buickman: I have just ordered a remote start Passkey bypass from Commando at $25, plus shipping. I hope that does the trick.

Anymore thoughts, please chime in. I will update you when I get a test completed.

Jim in Phoenix

zbuickman
10-16-07, 12:26 AM
I have just ordered a remote start Passkey bypass from Commando at $25, plus shipping. I hope that does the trick.

That should do the trick for you

AJxtcman
10-16-07, 12:54 AM
Thanks for the quick replies, and yes to both of you. I have the passkey II module wired into the ignition and I have identified the correct resistance required to fire the passkey output, which I have metered (but not scoped) and it appears to be sending out a Pulse Width Modulated signal, which in the manual it just says to look for about 3 VDC. The signal comes and goes with the key cycle so it looks right. Still no fuel. My fuel pressure is sufficient that I am getting a return to the tank via the regulator, around 45 PSI on the header.

Side note: This thing really sounds great with the open headers, along side my house. I set fire to a decorative bush when i got too aggressive with the starting fluid!

Buickman: I have just ordered a remote start Passkey bypass from Commando at $25, plus shipping. I hope that does the trick.

Anymore thoughts, please chime in. I will update you when I get a test completed.

Jim in Phoenix

When it does not start let me know.
The car had a module (ipc) between the key and the PCM.
Other GM cars work different.