: A sobering reminder...

RBraczyk
04-22-04, 12:36 AM
I went back today to the spot where I had my accident in December. Wow it looks a lot different with no snow. When I looked over the edge, I thanked god that I hit that telephone pole. If i had gone off the embankment at the speed i was going, I would have launched off an 80 foot 80 degree angle embankment, landed nose first on a 20 foot high plateau or nose dived into the traffic below, killing me and possibly others. Thank you god for keeping me safe. There's still pieces of the caddy there that I left to protect any other misfortunate soul. And I owned that telephone pole. It has a four foot crack in it.and it needed a full size pole to help reinforce it. And as I turned around to get back in my Denali, a guy in a white car nearly killed me. Fate's a bitch, watch out for ice and bad drivers. If it wasn't for this accident, I dont' think I would have ever found this site. You guys rock.

Playdrv4me
04-22-04, 12:39 AM
Two things... im glad youre ok and lived to tell me and us about what happened. To come within inches like that is absolutely sobering. Thank God everyday youre here man.

Secondly...Denali?...please explain :p

Elvis
04-22-04, 01:06 AM
Sometimes we all need a little reminder of how fragile we are and how short our time here is.

In the future always remember to capitalize the Big Guy's name. It's always God.

Spock
04-22-04, 01:40 AM
Allah is great, I'm sure He was watching for you. Everything happens for a reason, one must have faith, that the universe will unfold as it should.

Ralph
04-22-04, 02:23 AM
I think I would stay away from that pole!! Someone is trying to tell you something! :hmm:

RBraczyk
04-22-04, 06:54 AM
Thanks all, I kinda had to go back and confront the pole again and see what I did to it. Sorry bout not capitalizing God, it was late last night. The Denali is my dads and I had to drive it somewhere so hehe, it was fun.