Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1992 Eldorado Bose system

864 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  CadillacSTS42005 
#1 ·
I have just started to notice that everytime I turn the car off, there is a loud audible "pop" thru the speakers. Also when I start the car if the radio isn't on there is a loud hum thru the speakers that will only go away when I turn the radio on. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Or an anyone tell me what might be causing it? Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

#3 ·
1992 Eldorado Bose system "pop"

I just posted this question in the audio and video forum too but figured I would put it here as well because it might be just an Eldorado problem. I have a 1992 Eldorado with a Bose system radio in it. Lately I have started to notice a loud audible "pop" thru the speakers when I turn the car off if the radio is playing. Also when I turn the car on if the radio isnt playing there is a loud hum thru the speakers that won't go away until I turn it on. Another thing that I am starting to think might be related is that if the car sits undriven for more than a few days the battery goes dead. Can the amp be failing causing the battery drain as well? If anyone has any help on this matter I would appreciate it. Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.