: A/C Problem '66 Cad

ronesr
04-22-04, 12:05 AM
I have a good one here, I hope someone knows about it. I have a '66 Fleetwood Brougham and the A/C has not worked since I have had it, (3 years), I was always going to have it looked at but never did. Yesterday I decided to take the car to a Drs Appt. and on the way there the A/C came on and blew cold. I changed the temp on the wheel and it went over to heat as it should. It worked well on the whole trip. When I got home and shut it off I heard a hissing noise. I checked and found a leak in the radiator, it was down a lot of coolant. I put another radiator in, filled it up, and the A/C will not work now. I figured it HAD to be the heater control valve so I changed that and no dice. So, then I figure it has to be the thermostat and changed that, no dice. So now I am at a loss, HELP. :banghead: :banghead:

oley427
04-22-04, 01:21 PM
Dose the A/C clutch engauge when you turn the A/C on? If it dose then feel the large suction line at the compressor it should be cold, if after a about 1 min it's still not cold then it has probably lost the charge.

DaveSmed
04-22-04, 06:06 PM
Sounds like a nice suprise. Has the heat always worked regardless?

ronesr
04-23-04, 06:08 PM
No, nothing at all worked until the water level got very low :helpless:

DaveSmed
04-23-04, 11:25 PM
Hmm.. not what I thought then. I'll look up the diagrams and come up with another idea.....