: well i'm pissed...

lochenjons
09-18-07, 02:19 AM
okay so the other night me and a buddy went to a party, we came outside to see a bunch of girls taking pictures with my caddy. not anything to complain about! but one decided to get on my hood and pose. before i could say anything she plopped down on the hood and i heard the infamous sound of sheet metal bending. now theres a slight dent there. im really pissed because my grandfather took impecable care of this car. will this pound out? i dont want to damage it any more. its kind of a small crease that runs parallel to the windshield right in the middle of the hood. and theres a smaller dent to the side of it. theres all that insulating stuff on the hood ill try to gently push it out. any suggestions or ideas? im seriously really pissed off at this.

http://a513.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/113/l_323d77b858832b7ff35abd6042777270.jpg

i mean shes a nice girl but hey... you dont do that to another mans caddy.

Frost
09-18-07, 04:12 AM
Nobody - but nobody leaves their ass-print on another man's Caddy. Not now, not ever. Dumbass bitch - make sure it's her pocketbook that pays any repairs. Maybe then she'll watch where she plants that big cushion of hers in the future.

If you are VERY lucky, it MIGHT pop back out without cracking the paint, but there will always be a little shadow of a blemish there - because the metal has been stretched at that point. A GOOD bodyshop could get it out if it ain't too noticeable in the first place.

Jesda
09-18-07, 07:06 AM
LOL, I bet she feels fat for damaging the hood.

KaddyKat
09-18-07, 09:27 AM
I didn't even notice the car.
She should do what she can to make you feel better.:kiss:
yeah stuff like that drives me crazy, why do people have to sit on cars?
It nearly always causes some damage, scratches, dents etc.
Hopefully it will be an easy fix.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
09-18-07, 09:55 AM
She should do what she can to make you feel better.:kiss:

Yeah, that. She's kinda cute too.

I think it's so wierd that some random women would sit on the hood of your car and pose for pics, without any permission or anything. But I guess you were at a party and liquor was involved... The price you pay for having a nice car I suppose. Just be glad she was thin! :thumbsup:

Although I gotta admit, I'm a bit envious that you found women that have good enough taste to take pictures of themselves with a Cadillac...I wish some random women would take pictures of themselves with my car!

N0DIH
09-18-07, 10:26 AM
The problem is the sheet metal stretches, so you really can't pound it out. Go see a body shop and talk to a body guy. See what they think the can do.

I was sitting in a parking lot with my girlfriend, now wife and my T/A was just over a bit and some kids were horsing around in the lots and one just jumped up on the hood. I went ballistic!!! Fortunately (for them) a cop was just going through the traffic light there and pulled in the lot. No harm done, the 80 T/A is old sheetmetal, thick, so it didn't hurt it. The newer the car the thinner the metal and it stretches it, so it wrinkles and doesn't just pop back easily.

Talk to a shop. They can do wonders with heat and making it pull back. You have to know metal and what it will do and how bad it is.

My_favorite_Brougham
09-18-07, 10:54 AM
Since white RWDs are a dime-a-dozen (over half left the factory white), I bet you could find a mint hood in the junkyard; probably in the $50 range. White doesn't oxidize as fast, and its the same fit for a 90-92, so you've got over half of 13 good years of Caddies to choose from. Plus, it'd be original paint; no funky body work. Just my two cents.

Greg

Abadox
09-18-07, 12:34 PM
Wet the hood,use a plunger to pull it back out.

madmike69
09-18-07, 02:00 PM
fortunately, she got her shoes off...

dkozloski
09-18-07, 02:01 PM
A buddy swapped carburetors on his '56 Ford. He got through and closed the hood. Now there was a big peak in the middle of the hood. The bolt that holds the aircleaner on was longer on the replacement carb.

BRICKS
09-18-07, 02:22 PM
she would be kickin out some repair money.

nmacarthur
09-18-07, 04:29 PM
What was done was rude and disrespectful. There was no consideration of your property, no matter how nice the person may be. If the damage has a cost range to it, I recommend handing that over to her. How else would she understand that actions have consequences?

Cadillac Giovanni
09-18-07, 08:08 PM
You know, similar things have happened to me. Once i was chatting with my friend in a parking lot, and he kept sitting on the hood of my car, on the edges. Later I noticed the buttons on his pants had left matching scratchmarks on both sides of my hood. I couldn't be too mad, the hood needed repainting anyway, but they're still there, and I always curse him a little when I see them.

Also, I have sat on the hood of my car a few times, and I'm a big guy, at least 250 pounds (i don't own a scale), and I didn't leave any dents, although I made sure to evenly distribute my weight.

I do hate when people treat my car like a regular car. Not to be an elitist, but you know, it isn't. My friends don't treasure cars. They have what they drive because it was cheap and available, and they don't clean their cars or take care of them, and sometimes they treat mine the same way.

Also, it's not even like it's a good picture. There's hardly any of the car in it. Smack that bitch.

DopeStar 156
09-18-07, 08:33 PM
Tell her you demand sexual repairations.....

bicentennialcadillac
09-18-07, 08:45 PM
She's kinda cute too.

I think we need more evidence before a final decision ...

JTraik
09-18-07, 10:02 PM
She needs a good belting for that one. Make sure that bitch pays whatever it costs, thats ridiculous. If i saw anybody... including a girl, messing around with my car like that I would first pull my knife and then ask questions.

Drparj
09-18-07, 10:15 PM
:cookoo: Hello Not my car, but I will sit on it anyway.tits I am with sexual reperations guy:worship:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
09-18-07, 10:54 PM
That's deserving of atleast a handjob, if not more. :D

On the trip up to Duluth last weekend, a friend was trying to do homework in the back of my Benz, and he accidently drew a tiny line on the backseat cushion with his pen. Now the line is like 4" long, and it's straight (came from your usual office pen). I wasn't mad or anything, because he is a very good friend of mine, and I know it'll come out with some leather cleaner.

ReagansRollsRoyce
09-18-07, 11:07 PM
Tell her you demand sexual repairations.....

repairations...nice pun

lochenjons
09-18-07, 11:12 PM
Wet the hood,use a plunger to pull it back out.

does that seriously work..... that seems like something one of the guys at work might say to make me look like an idiot. hey if it works ill try it!

no shes not hot. shes not worthy of sexual reparations.... i was with a really really beautiful woman for a year so i;m pretty spoiled now. i wont settle for any ol beezey

I~LUV~Caddys8792
09-18-07, 11:18 PM
I was sitting in a parking lot with my girlfriend, now wife and my T/A was just over a bit and some kids were horsing around in the lots and one just jumped up on the hood. I went ballistic!!! .

Oh god, I would go ****ing nuclear if someone did that to my car. Like somebody would be filing assault charges.

LOL, I bet she feels fat for damaging the hood.

LOL! "Hey sweetie, can I offer you a dozen Hot Pockets, or maybe three Baconators or perhaps a Cinnabun!"

AMGoff
09-19-07, 12:25 AM
You should get her name and send that fugly broad the bill for the repairs with a couple of Jenny Craig/Weight Watchers membership applications.

Seriously though, I'd be pissed too.

You just don't do that, your car is your property and no one (with any common sense anyway) should ever just "plop" themselves on the hood/trunk/roof of anyone else's car. It would be one thing if she was your girlfriend... but even then she should still ask. I know I would have said some "less than nice" things had I seen her do that to one of my vehicles.

Serious still... send the bill and the applications.

Benzilla
09-19-07, 12:32 AM
You should get her name and send that fugly broad the bill for the repairs with a couple of Jenny Craig/Weight Watchers membership applications.

lol. Points.

N0DIH
09-19-07, 12:58 AM
At least she took off her shoes.....

Night Wolf
09-19-07, 05:58 AM
a Paintless Dent Repair person should be able to pop that out pretty well, they do wonders.

I am kinda ticked at myself... when I was trying to diagnose the squeeking in the front end of the Town Car, I was pushing down on the top of the fender, well I pushed a little too hard, and actually put 2 dents in the upper (flat) portion of the fender with my hand! There is not a single ding or dent on that car and now that.... nobody else can see it, cause it is so insignificant, but I know its there, you can see it if you get light to reflect and kinda move back and fourth... and worse yet, I can see it while driving, and I constantly look at it, cause I did it.

Although there isn't an easy way to get to the inside of the fender from there, but I want to call a PDR person to see if they can do anything about it.

N0DIH
09-19-07, 11:13 AM
Always put a touch of grease or oil on the rubber bumper between the hood and body, they are sources of LOTS of squeaks that a pain in the touche to diagnose. A friend of mine spent 6 months on one on his 83 Regal and he described to me and I told him what to do (the bumper by the hood) and he about shot me, I already dealt with it on my 85 Cutlass.....

I forgot about PDR, yup, give them a shot, and a couple local body shops. Make sure they know it isn't insurance and out of pocket, they usually have better prices that way.

My_favorite_Brougham
09-19-07, 11:32 AM
Some people... My Brougham had a dip in the back of the roof where someone had sat on it. A big area had been pushed down about a quarter of an inch. You couldn't really see it, so I just left it alone, but whoever replaces the headliner in that car can just pop it out with their hands.

A similar thing happened to my dad on his 1970 Pontiac. Some folks in a parking lot (think it was a theater at night) decided to use the roof as a couch. It sunk in a bit, but it popped right out. However not without leaving a long crease down the middle of the roofline the length of the car.

lochenjons
09-19-07, 12:48 PM
yeah im going to take it down to a body shop in a couple days and see what they have to say about it.... i know what you mean its small enough so that only i know where it is... and yes i look at it all the time while driving it totally pisses me off...

you should see my suburban though. ive got a dent the size of a basketball in the drivers door where a jealous/drunken ex girlfriend decided to leave a couple shoe imprints.... not pretty. but i dont really care about that because all i have to do is remove the door panel and hit it with my fist. i just havn't gotten around to it. any more of you have stories you want to share concerning stupid dents that piss you off?

Night Wolf
09-19-07, 03:16 PM
Always put a touch of grease or oil on the rubber bumper between the hood and body, they are sources of LOTS of squeaks that a pain in the touche to diagnose. A friend of mine spent 6 months on one on his 83 Regal and he described to me and I told him what to do (the bumper by the hood) and he about shot me, I already dealt with it on my 85 Cutlass.....

I forgot about PDR, yup, give them a shot, and a couple local body shops. Make sure they know it isn't insurance and out of pocket, they usually have better prices that way.

Heh, lot worse then that... besides the loose front end, car unable to be aligned, squeeking if you bounce the car or turn the wheels with the car not moving, slight jolt thru steering wheel etc....

turned out to be trashed lower control arm bushings.

But, I think PDR would be the best way to go :)

Night Wolf
09-19-07, 03:18 PM
yeah im going to take it down to a body shop in a couple days and see what they have to say about it.... i know what you mean its small enough so that only i know where it is... and yes i look at it all the time while driving it totally pisses me off...

you should see my suburban though. ive got a dent the size of a basketball in the drivers door where a jealous/drunken ex girlfriend decided to leave a couple shoe imprints.... not pretty. but i dont really care about that because all i have to do is remove the door panel and hit it with my fist. i just havn't gotten around to it. any more of you have stories you want to share concerning stupid dents that piss you off?

Well, unless the body shop does PDR work, I'd be careful....

usually these PDR guys are independent, go around to car dealers and remove door dings and stuff... I would do that before going to any sort of body shop.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
09-19-07, 04:27 PM
Oh, that reminds me, I've got to have the PDR guys look at that dent in my trunk.

Spock
09-19-07, 11:36 PM
I guess someone went kicking and screaming in there eh? Next time use the chloroform, for crying out loud. :P

ShokleyMobile1972
09-20-07, 12:30 AM
One of those mobile dentless repair guys may be able to fix it

I~LUV~Caddys8792
09-21-07, 08:03 PM
http://www.mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=210475

I found this over on MBworld.org. Thought it was relevant. But look on the bright side OP, atleast the girl that sat on your hood wasn't trying to damage it.

mharker
09-21-07, 11:06 PM
I learned the hard way a long time ago. Never park a unique looking car anywhere near where people are drinking a lot. Just asking for trouble.

Also I try to park so the hood ornament is super-close to a wall, such that a person can't squeeze in between the car and wall. Back it in and there just might be no ornament when you get back!

Cadillac Giovanni
09-21-07, 11:46 PM
Gee, that's a good idea. Never thought about that.

Wheelman322
09-22-07, 12:22 PM
Also I try to park so the hood ornament is super-close to a wall, such that a person can't squeeze in between the car and wall. Back it in and there just might be no ornament when you get back!

LOL. I thought I was the only person who did that. With the Caddys you also have to worry about the trunk lock cover though.

z06bigbird
09-24-07, 09:56 PM
okay so the other night me and a buddy went to a party, we came outside to see a bunch of girls taking pictures with my caddy. not anything to complain about! but one decided to get on my hood and pose. before i could say anything she plopped down on the hood and i heard the infamous sound of sheet metal bending. now theres a slight dent there. im really pissed because my grandfather took impecable care of this car. will this pound out? i dont want to damage it any more. its kind of a small crease that runs parallel to the windshield right in the middle of the hood. and theres a smaller dent to the side of it. theres all that insulating stuff on the hood ill try to gently push it out. any suggestions or ideas? im seriously really pissed off at this.

http://a513.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/113/l_323d77b858832b7ff35abd6042777270.jpg

i mean shes a nice girl but hey... you dont do that to another mans caddy.

Those is big feet, man!!

If you want to get her going, tell her it is ok to be ugly; but that she should not over-do it. She will love you forever.

mharker
09-24-07, 10:35 PM
LOL. I thought I was the only person who did that. With the Caddys you also have to worry about the trunk lock cover though.

Ha I can feel your rage through the screen. You had an ornament taken didn't you? Mine was like 16 years ago and it still pisses me off. If I ever see someone take a hood ornament off any car I'm ready to pound them til their out cold.

My_favorite_Brougham
09-24-07, 10:41 PM
I'm just curious, how did you have time take this picture if you were so insistent about getting her off the car?

CTSgirlie
09-24-07, 11:21 PM
I was sorta wondering the same thing. However, I would have smacked her just for being butt ugly. Second I would have smacked her for wearing dirty ass white socks with black pants..lol Third...Oh wait thats three strikes. That bitch is out of there!!! I hope you get it fixed. What ever you do DO NOT buy a dent king and try it yourself. You will end up with more dents than you started with.