: Looking to buy '05-'06 SRX

Stoopalini
09-16-07, 11:57 PM
Hello

My wife and I are looking to purchase a low mile '05 or '06 V6 2WD SRX with the 3rd row and Ultraview roof for our growing family.

I've been searching the regular places (CarMax, Craigslist, local papers) and even have a car locator service looking; but thought I would ask you guys for some advice on where to find a good price on one.

I am just outside of Austin, TX, but do not mind driving to get one, or having it shipped if the deal is good enough. Are there any members of the forum who work for dealerships and can recommend a good place to pick one up?

Thanks for any advice,
Thomas.

MortnCyn
09-17-07, 10:07 AM
Try this Yahoo Autos link
http://autos.yahoo.com/usedcars/search.html;_ylt=AmMjtpsdAQ5WkLG4OvofUkgFEcUF;_ylv =3?b=&ce_sl=&make=&cl_y=2006&ch_y=2008&cl_price=&ch_price=&cl_mi=&ch_mi=&ck=&gur=200&csz=austin%2C+tx&vtype=autos&mk=Cadillac&mo=SRX

jmayhew
09-17-07, 01:55 PM
also check ebay.
you can even narrow it down to a certian mile radius from your location.

there are many dealers that list on ebay.

i found my wifes srx on ebay...the dealer was a 3hr drive away.

SuperCrew
09-17-07, 03:51 PM
Try the Cadillac website and do a search on certified cars. I am showing 5 or so in Louisiana within 200 miles of Baton Rouge (that's whre I am). I'm sure they should have some closer to you, but it is a great place to look and the certified warranty is excellent - 6 years/100,000 miles bumper to bumper.

Good luck - let us know how the search goes.

c5 rv
09-17-07, 09:32 PM
The 06 has two big changes, narrow door sills and power liftgate, that make it more desireable. Be sure both of you check out both years, especially regarding the door sills. If you will have young children ride in the 3rd row, they will need to be old enough to get into their booster seats and belt themselves in. You won't want to have to reach back there.

I think good sources are autotrader.com and cars.com. As suggested earlier, search for a Cadillac Certified Pre-Owned unit with the 6 yr. / 100K bumper-to-bumper warranty.

Stoopalini
09-18-07, 10:35 AM
Thanks for the tips, I didn't know the '05 and '06 had those differences. Are there any other differences between these years?

We're still looking, but I will let you know what we end up getting.

Thomas.

c5 rv
09-18-07, 01:05 PM
I think the narrow door sills and power liftgate were the big changes for 06. The restyled interior came out in 07. The 05 & 06 interior looks a lot like the CTS of that era.

TSS
09-18-07, 02:43 PM
Thanks for the tips, I didn't know the '05 and '06 had those differences. Are there any other differences between these years?

We're still looking, but I will let you know what we end up getting.

Thomas.

Light colored interior on 2006 switched to a light colored matching dash, versus black dash in 2004-2005. Rims changed a little I think in 06 as well.

shar's ride
09-18-07, 11:54 PM
Try to make sure you can buy one with some warranty left , and make sure you don't want any fuel mileage , these are not known to be good on fuel , I have had lots of trouble with mine, and now that's it's out of warranty , I am thinking about getting rid of it , just my opinion ,

c5 rv
09-19-07, 08:28 AM
Re MPG, I think my 06 2wd with the 3.6 does OK, averaging about 21.5 MPG per the DIC. My driving is level ground with about 80% freeway.

Stoopalini
09-19-07, 09:57 AM
I am definitely looking for one under warranty (looking for ~20k miles), and also will be getting an extended warranty. Ideal option would be a Certified Pre-Owned with the 100k 5 year.

As for MPG, her current vehicle get's 12-13MPG with 15.6 being the best it has even registered. If the SRX can average 17-18 and peak over 20, we'll be very happy with that!

We finally had the chance to drive one for the 1st time yesterday. It's an '05 that we are not interested in buying, but it gave us the oportunity to see one in person and drive it. We both love the way it rides and handles. I was surprised at the performance the V6 delivers. My wife really liked the nimble feeling it delivered for such a large vehicle.

We hope to find one by the end of this week, as her vehicle is at my brothers automotive shop with for sale signs, and she is driving an '83 Volvo 240 around in the meantime. She's not too thrilled obout it, but for some reason our 10mo old girl just loved it!

Thanks for the advice and input, we appreciate it!
Thomas.

ncCADDYman
09-19-07, 10:02 AM
I'm on it, Thomas!

Stoopalini
09-21-07, 10:42 PM
Thanks for the info everyone, we picked up a 2006 Diamond White V6 RWD SRX today. 23k miles with the 3rd row and ultraview roof. We are very pleased with it!

We strapped the car seat in and went out for dinner tonight, and my daughter just LOVES the view through the open top :D

Thomas.

c5 rv
09-21-07, 10:52 PM
Congrats on the new addition. Did you get a CPO unit?

Stoopalini
09-21-07, 11:13 PM
Thanks, and no, unfortunately we didn't find a CPO in our price range with the features we wanted. I bought from a private seller, Here is the car we purchased (http://cars.statesmanclassifieds.com/Autos?property=Austin_V1&tp=Austin_V2&temp_type=detail&classification=result&tl=2&a_type=LINER&a_id=157335189&a_number=2867987&feature_make=Cadillac&feature_includes_model=SRX&feature_start_year=&feature_end_year=2008). I was able to negotiate a bit on the price, and am very happy with the agreement we reached.

Only real drawback we can find is the single disc CD unit. I would have liked to get the 6 disc changer model, but oh well. I plan to bring it to Cadillac someday next week to have the warranty switched over to my name and price out extended warranties. Since this is the wife's car, I really want it to have warranty coverage over the next several years.

Thomas.

Stoopalini
09-21-07, 11:24 PM
Thanks, and no, unfortunately we didn't find a CPO in our price range with the features we wanted. I bought from a private seller (I tried to post a link to the classified ad for the car we purchased, but the post didn't show up for some reason?) I was able to negotiate a bit on the price, and am very happy with the agreement we reached.

Only real drawback we can find is the single disc CD unit. I would have liked to get the 6 disc changer model, but oh well. I plan to bring it to Cadillac someday next week to have the warranty switched over to my name and price out extended warranties. Since this is the wife's car, I really want it to have warranty coverage over the next several years.

Thomas.

TSS
09-22-07, 07:23 AM
Congratulations !

GMJim
09-23-07, 09:25 AM
Congrats, and welcome to the club!

Superjim
09-26-07, 10:00 AM

Thomas.

Thomas,

My 2006 DTS does not have a changer. It has the Bose with Nav.

Do you make your own CD's? The 2006 will read MP3's. You can put about 250 MP3's on one CD. If you want to go the trouble, you can even put different types of music in different folders on the cd and then select which folder you want from the nav screen. Not too hard and sorta / kinda makes up for not having a cd changer.

Jim from Texas

ncCADDYman
09-26-07, 10:28 AM
congrats on the purchase Tom! I was only searching for red or gray SRXs, next time I'll include all colors, lol.

Stoopalini
09-26-07, 04:30 PM
Jim,
Thanks for the tip! I do not have the nav in this car, but will try MP3 CDs to see if they work.

Vinny,
Red or grey were our first choices, but not requirements. The requirements we had were V6, 2WD, Ultraview, and 3rd row. Everything else was just a preference. Thanks for looking for us, I think we ended up getting a great deal on this one.

Thomas.