: 3rd Row Seat Not Working

Yaemish
09-16-07, 07:12 PM
Neither set of switches will function, the cigarette power does work though (it is connected to the same power source as the switches for the seats). Anyone know what it could be or how I could get the seat up to check the connections?

MortnCyn
09-17-07, 10:15 AM
In some cases the rear lighter shuts down after the ignition is off ten minutes.
I assume you know how the rear seat control works. But! If you are not sure be sure to read the manual. The buttons are inoperative unless you do specific things. As I recall they simply ring a bell tone until you do the proper button pushing etc.

scout01
09-17-07, 11:55 AM
You will either have to have the key in the ignition turned to AUX, OR, press the unlock button on your keyfob 3times. Then you can set the seats up.

n7don_srx
09-17-07, 01:29 PM
You will either have to have the key in the ignition turned to AUX, OR, press the unlock button on your keyfob 3times. Then you can set the seats up.
I'd add the folded panel that covers the rear seat bottom must be folded up too. Seems I recall pushing the pass. door unlock (maybe 3x) will do it too.
There's been a couple times when I didn't do one of the sequences mentioned in MortnCyn's post and mine didn't move.
scout01 didn't say if they once worked and now aren't.

scout01
09-18-07, 12:42 PM
You're correct. I forgot about that. You also need to flip the seat cover up and then latch it into the back of the floor. Once that's done then you can set the seat up with the keyfob or AUX switch.

Yaemish
09-19-07, 06:51 PM
Yeah, I flipped it up and had the engine running. I did read that if battery power was low, it would disable itself. I'll try it again but I'm not sure that it is going to work; I was able to confirm that the lighter had power while the switches did not. I'm thinking there may be a fuse somewhere.