Cadillac Owners Forum banner

I need help with a DD install

2K views 19 replies 3 participants last post by  CadillacSTS42005 
#1 ·
Ok ive been reading threads after threads and just want to make sure i got this right. I have a kenwood DDX7019 6.95" touchscreen i plan on installing in my 2002 STS w/bose and so far this is what i got. Metra 99-2005 single din dash kit (needs modifying), and a GMOS-06 interface adapter. Ive orderd both from lafayetteradio.com and they should be here soon. So is there anything else i need to get the job done right? and do i have the right interface?

#4 ·
start with a dermal tool to cut the pocket out
remember less is more you can alway cut a little bit more away from the kit, its a whole lot harder to add plastic to the kit.
once done sand edges down with some fine grit, paint if you so choose, fiberglass bondo or something of the like to fill in gaps

keep in mind once you cut the pocket out your going to have to fab up some way to hold the a/c controls up, theres a bracket that comes with the kit that attaches to the pocket to mount the a/c controls (if you dont understand now youll see when you get the kit)

#5 ·
yeah i downloaded the metra 99-2005 install instructions and i see what u are talking about. What did you use to keep it up? im still waiting on the kit but as soon as i start the project ill post updates and im sure ill have more questions. thanks for your help

#9 ·
Well i started the work myself but ran into a few issues with the dash kit so i got it done at a shop. I paid a grip for the install but since i had everything i needed it wasnt that bad. Im happy wit the way it looks and the way it works. Some of the door chimes sound different but for the most part everything is the same. Ill try to post some pics

#11 ·
Heres a few pics what ya think. Im going to order the wood grain piece for the heater controls because the tv casing and the top piece were painted black. As far as the door chimes, everything is working as usual besides the volume control on the steering wheel. I got the ipod interface for my Kenwood and it works perfect i dont have to touch my 80g at all.

Attachments

#15 ·
Ill ask to see and get back to ya. But i have an issue guys, for some reason my tv is randomly cutting off and turning right back on. The guys at the shop have double checked all the connections and everything is working fine when its working. But then cutting off for some odd reason, the guys at the shop are definitely familiar with TV installs and the only thing out of the regular would be the GMOS-06. could it be that I got a faulty one or ????? any ideas?

#19 ·
Ok everything is properly grounded, ive disconnected the battery, and we even tried another gmos-06. The new one is definatly working better because instead of having my volume at 29 out of 32 for a decent sound i now have it around 12-18. For some reason its still cutting out but not as much, i know i have a front blown speaker and i have some infinity door speakers coming this week. Is it possible that a blown speaker can cause this? im running out of things to try, the only thing to replace is my tv which is brand new and i highly doubt its that. Please reply!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.