Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Antenna 99 Seville help needed

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  vacuumbed 
#1 ·
Okay I have a 99 Seville with the Bose 4.0 system. I have no external antenna on the car. Is there a hidden antenna. I have all the trunk panels out and have noticed a antenna wire that is sort of just tied off to the right (passenger side) of the wheel well. Is this suppose to go to anything or is it an optional antenna. I seem to have decent reception on the radio so I assume there is an antenna somewhere?

#2 ·
Hi There,

What a shame no one has replied to your questions about the antenna - I have exactly the same thing , the antenna lead appears in the trunk (behind the carpet on the right hand side) but does not connect to anything!

When I first got my car the radio reception was fine but recently it has been pretty rubbish on ocassions - I wonder what the solution is? Did you ever find out where the antenna connects to?

bestest

Andy - UK

#3 ·
Below is from FSM for 2000 Seville.

Antenna System
The antenna circuit consists of the antenna input of the radio, the antenna module, the COAX signal line between them, the rear window antenna, the front windshield antenna, and two control lines between the radio and the antenna module. When the radio is on, power is sent to the antenna module from the radio. In AM band, the antenna module connects the rear window antenna directly to the radio. When FM band is selected, a DC enable signal is sent from the radio to the antenna module. Superimposed on the enable signal is the strength of the signal being received by the radio tuner. The antenna module now performs two functions. It switches between the front and rear antennas, monitoring the radio signal strength to assure optimum operation. It also amplifies this optimized signal by 10 dB.
The radio antennas are two metallic traces on the top of the windshield, and the top of the rear window. These traces are subject to damage when handled carelessly. If an antenna is damaged, that is, the metallic trace is cut causing an open circuit, the glass must be replaced.

The antenna module is attached to the roof above the headliner.

Hope this helps a little.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.