: New tires leased vehicle

itwonder
09-12-07, 10:37 AM
My 2004 V6 AWD with Goodyear 235/65-17 front and 255/60-17 rear needs new tires. Does anybody know the GMAC leasing rules are concerning tires when the car is turned in? Do they require the same brand and stock sizes? Is installing 4 235/65-17 or 4 255/60-17 acceptable? How much tread remaining is required? I have just another 6 mos. on this lease and frankly I want to spend as little as possible.

smokiejoe
09-12-07, 11:25 AM
All (4) Tires must be the same Brand.
They do recommend a brand that the Manufacturer recommends, which I interpret as Goodyear, Michelin, Continental, or another well known decent quality brand.
I wouldn't put No Name crapola's on the vehicle, because after the lease turn in you could get charged.
When they resell your vehicle the new potential buyers wouldn't want to see an SRX with a nice set of Eldorado's or Pep Boy's on it. GM would probably have to change out before they resell.

Also minimum 3/32 treadware, but don't cut it that close, try for at least 5/32 for a safety margin.

I am no expert but have turned in about 6 GM Leases over the last 10 or so years, and have never been charged a dime.

Also I might suggest some used tires, purchased from Fleabay or something like that. You can get a decent brand or original brand with 6 to 8/32 tread and be good to go...I have a local tire shop that will mount and balance tires for $15.00 per tire.

smokiejoe
09-12-07, 11:28 AM
Also make sure you have both key FOB's (Remote's) when you return vehicle. Get that written on a receipt, because on one lease turn in I did, the dealer lost one remote, and GM charged my $95.00.
I got that charge waived once I showed them the proof that I returned both remotes.

z06bigbird
09-12-07, 11:31 AM
Off-brand windshield will not work either. The inspectors for leasing companies take about 45 min to check out the vehicle. Polish out any burnishes, including bumpers. Repair any (even small) dents. They take pics of all of this. Include owner's manual and cd for dvd player, etc.

Keep in mind that these inspectors typically have inspected 4 million vehicles each; they know everytrick in book.

nstar
09-12-07, 12:46 PM
I quess I don't understand why when you lease and tires don't make it to end of lease and tread on tires doesn't make it why its your problem!!!!!! Thats why I would lease so when this happened I would take it in and tell them tread depth wear is unsafe too drive to complete lease. I have never leased but from the forum here that I read the 04 srx's are getting 39000 or so before they need replaced with a tire that has 50000 tread wear warranty .It just looks like it would be leasee would have to supply you with safe vehicle to drive for term of lease. I could understand if it was road hazard problem or abuse pressure etc. To me this is why I would lease!!!!!!!!!:burn::

louisn
09-12-07, 11:24 PM
I guess I don't understand why when you lease and tires don't make it to end of lease and tread on tires doesn't make it why its your problem!!!!!! That's why I would lease so when this happened I would take it in and tell them tread depth wear is unsafe too drive to complete lease. I have never leased but from the forum here that I read the 04 srx's are getting 39000 or so before they need replaced with a tire that has 50000 tread wear warranty .It just looks like it would be leasee would have to supply you with safe vehicle to drive for term of lease. I could understand if it was road hazard problem or abuse pressure etc. To me this is why I would lease!!!!!!!!!:burn::
The contract/lease provisions take precedence. Obviously, the lessee is responsible for tires per the lease agreement. Always READ the contract!

smokiejoe
09-13-07, 12:00 AM
You need to take that into the cost of a lease. Leases of 24 or 36 month don't need tires, brakes, or pretty much anything but cost more per month.
Usually a 39 month or 48 month lease needs tires put on the vehicle. Just put a set of used skins on there. Maybe $200-300 bucks. Not a big deal.