: Need Help

gotthavecaddi
09-12-07, 01:19 AM
Ok a few months back my hubby was driving over those rather large "speed humps" and was speeding and bottomed out pretty bad, we had to replace the catalytic converter. As well as a few other things. Well he bought the universial catalyic converter and the car just hasnt been the same. We were having a major overheating problem so bad that on the way to taking my daughter to school I would go into limp home mode. Well we have fixed the radiator hoses both top and bottom and I have started to put a 50 50 mix of dex cool nd destilled water in the car and he put some radiator leak fix stuff in and it has not over heated sence. Can the fact that the universal cat was soooo much smaller have anything to do with this?

AJxtcman
09-12-07, 02:15 AM
Ok a few months back my hubby was driving over those rather large "speed humps" and was speeding and bottomed out pretty bad, we had to replace the catalytic converter. As well as a few other things. Well he bought the universial catalyic converter and the car just hasnt been the same. We were having a major overheating problem so bad that on the way to taking my daughter to school I would go into limp home mode. Well we have fixed the radiator hoses both top and bottom and I have started to put a 50 50 mix of dex cool nd destilled water in the car and he put some radiator leak fix stuff in and it has not over heated sence. Can the fact that the universal cat was soooo much smaller have anything to do with this?

In this case no.
You have another problem. If it got soooooo hot that it went into protector mode. Yes Protector mode. Protect the engine from the driver! It is not let me get home mode. This is not a magical engine. It can not get hot or you will blow a head gasket.:banghead: