: M3 E46 vs CTS-V vs S2000

Alex_V
09-12-07, 01:17 AM
Well, first of all hello to you Caddy drivers.

Lets get to it. I curently have a S2000 AP1, which is my leisure car. And I enjoy every bit of driving of it. But for personbal reasons a nice 4 seater may be more practical. So I started looking at 4 door performance sedans for DD instead. Drove CTS-V, friends 01 M3 Vert, and started thinking: what should I get?

First thoughts:

S2000 - Current car is fantastic. No slower then a M3 in many ways, but much more exciting. Cons: 2 seater, probably easier to crash since it has no traction control.

M3 - Nice detail, great looks, plenty fast, traction control may save my ass one day. More upscale vibe. Cons: boring in comparison (sorry). Fear of maintenance cost (tell me otherwise)

CTS-V - Interior is ok, but way to much plastic, ok by my stadards. 4 doors, torque, and a Z06 motor. Cons: it too is a bit boring. do those rear diffs break from normal driving? (I have a GMC Sierra truck and it has givem me 60K plus of worry free driving. As well as few other GMC vehicles in the past)

So, am I in the ballpark in my assumptions about CTS-V? Any thought? Pro's and con's?

bleeee
09-12-07, 01:23 AM
"BORING?????" PSSSSH i take offense to that, and its entirely untrue.

Alex_V
09-12-07, 01:34 AM
Please dont take offence. I am just speaking my mind. CTS-V very, VERY, fast. But it does that in a very smooth way that takes away from a rush.

Again, I have very limited experince with driving one. Just a first impression.

As a side note, I raced road race bikes for a few years, hence any car lacks the adrenaline rush for me.
http://www.ocdstudios.com/01tz250.jpg

Again, accept my apology. I found CTS-V on top of a very particular list. Its truly a great car.

05cts-v
09-12-07, 01:47 AM
M3 only if its a new one, maintenance will be costly after the warranty expires. I would take my GTO's over the older ones any day. CTS V is definitely not boring and best of all most do not know its potential. This is my 1st CTS V and I would recommend it. I, personally, have never been a fan of the S2000.

AAIIIC
09-12-07, 03:14 AM
CTS-V - Interior is ok, but way to much plastic, ok by my stadards. 4 doors, torque, and a Z06 motor. Cons: it too is a bit boring. do those rear diffs break from normal driving? (I have a GMC Sierra truck and it has givem me 60K plus of worry free driving. As well as few other GMC vehicles in the past)

So, am I in the ballpark in my assumptions about CTS-V? Any thought? Pro's and con's?
What assumptions are you talking about? :hmm: You've stated your opinions of the CTS-V you drove, what do you expect us to tell you? Your opinion is not an assumption, it's your opinion. :confused:

Any thought? No, there isn't any thought.

This is all very confusing to me. :(

Mystical_Ice
09-12-07, 03:30 AM
i know quite a few people that got rid of their M3 to get a CTS-V...

Alex_V
09-12-07, 03:48 AM
What assumptions are you talking about? :hmm: You've stated your opinions of the CTS-V you drove, what do you expect us to tell you? Your opinion is not an assumption, it's your opinion. :confused:

Any thought? No, there isn't any thought.

This is all very confusing to me. :(

Your post is equally confusing.

rand49er
09-12-07, 07:54 AM
These kinds of conversations always seem to go nowhere. Yeah, the V has a weak diff. Yeah, the interior doesn't require the demise of some Costa Rican forest. Yeah, this is boring.

Ryan's '05-V
09-12-07, 08:04 AM
Nice Randy, that covers it.

Alex, the car is very nice stock but can be made in to a real mean machine with some mods. Randy has done a lot of nice upgrades with his not leaving him much more worth doing. Mine was a lease and I really miss it. Trust me, you can't go wrong. I did have a few diffs but that was only for some whining. I drove my car very hard and enjoyed it. Do it, you won't regret it.

Blackout
09-12-07, 11:57 AM
Buy what you like. Hell have you looked into a last gen BMW M5? But the CTS-V is a nice car but I have to agree with you about the interior. Flat black plastic FTL

Seattle CTS-V
09-12-07, 03:08 PM
So I started looking at 4 door performance sedans for DD instead. Drove CTS-V, friends 01 M3 Vert, and started thinking: what should I get?

Since when is the M3 Vert a 4 door? Or even a sedan for that matter?

Sounds to me you need to have the rush of an open-topped car blowing wind through your long blond hair... j/k. :)

You need an Elise. Nuf said.

05cts-v
09-12-07, 06:03 PM
You need an Elise. Nuf said.

Good choice as well.