: Three curious items

sfarley111
09-11-07, 05:41 PM
I have three interesting items found in the back of our ’08 and am wondering if anyone here knows what they may be for before I call the dealer.

The first is a large (3’x3’) plastic bag with about a 6” hole in the center – no clue on this one. The second is a set of four black plastic pieces that look like they may be covers for where the headrests posts go into the seat back (for the third seat?). The last item appears to be a cargo strap, as that it has small hooks on each end and is adjustable, but it seems too short to be of any practical use.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Steve Farley

MortnCyn
09-11-07, 06:00 PM
Plastic bag to put tire & wheel in if you have a flat (keeps interior clean).
Straps are to tie down the wheel you have just removed. Ties to the D-rings on the floor.
Black plastic pieces? I will have to think about it.

sfarley111
09-11-07, 09:59 PM
Thanks - that makes sense for the bag & strap.

TSS
09-12-07, 10:00 AM
I seem to recall have a tiny cargo net thing in the lower rear of my center console for the back passengers to access (you would not have this if you have rear DVD though) Could that be it?

sfarley111
09-12-07, 07:37 PM
Here are a couple of pics of the plastic pieces (really getting anal now) in question – curiously they have the word “SAAB” molded on the back above the part no.

MortnCyn
09-13-07, 07:55 AM
Here are a couple of pics of the plastic pieces (really getting anal now) in question – curiously they have the word “SAAB” molded on the back above the part no.And I am anal enough to reply. Possibly your dealer found your SRX at one of the Cadillac/Saab dealers in the area. Some service guy is lol that someone is wondering what those black plastic things are. Our '04 came with the strap, plastic bag, gloves to keep your hands clean, and a threaded tow ring, and oh yeah, a net. Kept some of the stuff for our '05. Wonder what is supposed to be in the '08's? Now don't you wonder what those little keyholes are up above the rear side windows?

sfarley111
09-13-07, 09:12 AM
Now don't you wonder what those little keyholes are up above the rear side windows?

Well....now that you've mentioned it (and I looked), what ARE those things?

MortnCyn
09-13-07, 09:45 AM
These were discussed in 2004. Consensus is that one could possibly attach a safety or security net/barrier that would keep items from moving forward in the even of an accident. Barrier could also be used to contain a dog or unruly children.
A net or barrier would require a tie down possibly to the D-rings on the floor and then a keyhole or banjo type head to slide in the slot. Put the head, similar to a bolt head, through the large end of the hole and slide to lock. GMJim should be able to find out what the keyholes are for.

sfarley111
09-13-07, 07:24 PM
Our '04 came with the strap, plastic bag, gloves to keep your hands clean, and a threaded tow ring, and oh yeah, a net. Kept some of the stuff for our '05. Wonder what is supposed to be in the '08's?

Wonder where you get a tow ring now - the dealer?